How to get Gumasta License under Shop and Establishment act in India?
Mumbai the city of glamour and lights has undoubtedly lit the stoves of many houses. And, with the population of around 12.4 million in the city, any business could be a savior irrespective of the factor it’s small or bug whether it’s a shop or a film studio. Hence, any person who wishes to open a new shop or establishment in Maharashtra has to get the Gumasta License by registering under The Bombay Shops and Commercial Establishment Act, 1948 to operate their shops in India.
Gumasta License is also known as the Shops and Establishment act license which is required to operate any shop or commercial establishment in India. And, today in this article we’ll put in the picture the meaning, fees and the registration procedure of Gumasta license.
What do we mean by Gumasta License in India?
Gumasta license is a kind of registration that is required for doing any kind of business in the state of Maharashtra that is governed by the Municipal Corporation of Mumbai under the Maharashtra Shops and Commercial Establishment Act,
It is a kind of certificate that provides you with the upper hand to do your business at a particular place.
Getting Gumasta license ensures the growth of your business and helps you to jump of the hurdles that may come in your path. Furthermore, it is also important for opening the current account or obtaining any loan for your business because without the license you will unable to get any loan and even GST registration will also not possible.
Gumasta License Registration
Under the Bombay Shop and Establishment act, Gumasta license is mandatory by all employer having 10 or more employees in the shop. And on the submission of the application, the concerned officer will inspect and after the verification will register the establishment in the register of establishment and issue a registration certificate along with the Labor Identification Number.
Now, the question arises what is the procedure for registration under Gumasta License.
What is Gumasta License Online Registration Procedure?
The following are the steps that you need to follow for the registration of Gumasta License under the Bombay Shop and Establishment –
- The registration can be done by accessing the official website at https://lms.mahaonline.gov.in/
- Choose the registration Procedure as an Individual or an organization
- Provide all the details like your phone number and email address
- An OTP will be generated on your phone number, complete your portal access by using that OTP.
- Enter your Login and Password for availing the services
- Click on New Registration of shops and establishment, it will generate a challan number and the required fees have to be paid to get the UTN number
- Select the Registration Form i.e. Form A and complete the form by giving all details
- Print the form and Upload all your document required on the platform and submit it to Shop License Dept of Municipal Corporation
- Pay the application fees online.
Now, once the application is submitted the status will show “Under Scrutiny “ which means that your application with an officer is under process and if the application is processed and approved then the status will change to approved and you can download the documents. Application for registration has to be submitted to the Area Inspector within 30 days of starting of business.
In case the application get rejected which is quite often if you do not take professional advice then you have followed the lengthy procedure of checking the reason and then re-upload or reapply with the correct information.
So, it is advisable to take professional help while filing the form for your Gumasta License.