Overview of International Tax Advisory Services
International Tax refers to the tax accrued on a business or individual based on the tax laws of different countries.
The world economies have progressed and come closer. The increasing liberalization and globalization have led to increased cross-border economic transactions carried across the nations. There is an increase in integration between countries due to which the earnings of a person are not restricted to the national boundaries, and there are opportunities for earning income internationally.
Consequently, this has led to issues related to international transactions as the taxpayer is earning the income internationally, but the income is being taxed in the resident state. This means that the taxpayer needs to bear source-based taxation along with taxation of global income.
What are the Problems faced by Taxpayers pertaining to International Tax?
The problems faced by taxpayers concerning international taxation are-
- Unawareness about the changes in the International Tax System
- Confusion about the treatment of international tax under the required laws
- Incurring heavy penalties due to non-compliance with international tax regimes
- Difficulty in managing the crossover of taxes among different nations
Why does a Taxpayer need International Tax Advisory Services?
If the taxpayer is carrying on operations across borders or turning competition in multiple jurisdictions, then the taxpayer needs to comply with the tax laws, including statutory compliance as per the statutory requirements – and needs to be updated with new legislative developments – which can be challenging for the tax professional,
In the world of intensified globalized competition, the key to the business's success is planning a tax strategy and aligning the implementation with a planned corporate tax strategy.
What are the Benefits of International Tax Advisory Services?
The benefits of International Tax Advisory are enlisted below-
- Helps to provide Tax Credit
- Helps in Avoiding Tax Discrimination
- Enables easy Tax recovery
- Provides better investments
- Improves mutual relations among different nations
- Enables compliance with international taxation.
- Avoids the incurrence of hefty penalties.
Penalty for non-compliance with the International Taxation Regime
Section 271GA of the Income Tax Act 1961, if the taxpayer fails to furnish the documents regarding the international income according to section 285A of the ITA, he shall be liable for a penalty of 2 % of the value of the international transactions.
Enterslice International Taxation Services its coverage and experience
Our tax professionals based internationally have the resources, relevant experience and competency to help the companies to address the following transactions:
- Cross Border needs
- Legal Compliance
- Transfer pricing transactions
- Other tax issues
In order to get an up to date analytical tax insights, one needs to achieve the business goals. The required knowledge can be acquired through the following geographical networks.
- EU Direct Tax Group
- Latin American Tax Group
- International Tax Desks
1. EU Direct Tax Group:
EUDTG is a Pan European network that mainly involves Law experts specialising in direct taxes. One will be required to be updated to cope with the changes and explore their activities, opportunities and investment decisions.
Contents of EUDTG:
- EUDTG News alerts: It is designed to keep up to date on landmark decisions and opinions, including national developments in direct taxation.
- EUDTG Bimonthly Newsletter: It is the summary of all the relevant ECJ and national court decisions and judgments which are related to direct tax laws and state aid.
2. Latin American Tax Group:
Latin America's continued growth and stability make it an attractive region for Multinationals to contemplate business and expand an existing presence.
LATAX has a core team with deep technical, business and cultural expertise in Pan regional Latin American tax issues throughout America
Our core team provides critical services as follows:
- Mergers, acquisitions, and dispositions
- Structuring new operations in a new region
- Financing the Latin American operations
- Tax treatment related to cross-border transactions, including deductibility, withholding taxes
- Regional shared service centres
- Holding company structures for various regions
- Limited service risk models containing contract and toll manufacturing and limited risk distribution
3. International Tax Desks:
Our International Tax Desks includes experienced tax professionals from Europe, Latin America, Asia, and Africa with specific tax and business knowledge required for exploring new opportunities.
Globalized Research and Development
Innovative and new entrants play a crucial role in the nation's economy – which may help get grants and tax incentives to encourage investment from outside the nation.
Our team of R&D professionals guide in identifying and documenting research expenditures. Thus the team of international specialist help the multinational to take advantage of tax incentives, identify the effect of transfer pricing and formulate the corporate strategy for cross-border transactions.
The roadmap to implementing the strategy is as follows:
- Identify the research activities.
- Verify the detailed accounting records to find out the cost for availing of the tax relief
- Consider existing and potential and alternative tax planning strategies based on the different jurisdictions.
- Gathering, organizing and developing documents to support and reduce eligible costs
- Develop procedures and technologies which will enable to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of current and future incentives.