What is GST Registration?
The government of India is towards big economic reforms after demonetarization and GST is another attempt to regulate prices and control the black money throughout the country with the mission of one Nation, One Tax and abolish the state and central Government Indirect tax laws. GST was introduced in India on 1st July 2017 and GSTIN is PAN-based 15-digit registration Number and you can apply for a separate GST Registration number for each state in which you have either branch office or sales office. As per the GST Act, a business whose estimated annual turnover likely to exceed Rs. 20 Lakh (Rs 10 Lakh in Northeast state) can voluntarily apply for online GST Registration. Registration under GST is mandatory for availing input tax credit on Purchase. As per the latest amendment, New GST Registration is mandatory irrespective of turnover in a financial year for a business-like E-commerce, Export or import business, online aggregator, Causal dealer &Foreign supplier etc. If a taxable person supplies goods or services without completing GST registration procedure specified under the Act then it is considered as an offense and he will be liable to pay a heavy penalty under the GST Act.
New GST Registration process can usually take around 7 working days. With the help of Enterslice, you can easily complete your Online GST Registration in Delhi, Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Noida, Chennai, Hyderabad and all major cities of India.
Who Requires to Register under GST?
Following person are required to apply for New GST Registration-
- Existing Taxpayers
Those taxpayers who were registered under any of the VAT, CST, Excise/Service tax regimes which are replaced by GST and are also covered under the GST Registration requirement shall apply for new GST Registration Certificate.
- New Taxpayers
Any business whose annual turnover is expected to Rs. 20 Lakh (10 Lakh in Northeast state) are required to new GST registration
- Casual taxable person
Any Indian taxpayer who is planning to undertake any business for a limited period of time in any particular area shall apply for New GST Registration online as a causal dealer. For the Casual taxable person, advance GST payment is required at the time of filing of online GST registration with official Portal.
- For a Non-resident taxable person
They are much like a Casual taxable person but are foreign citizens or foreign entities.
- Online Aggregator
Market Place seller and supplier of Food Panda, Flipkart, Amazon etc require New GST registration.
- Other Taxable people
A taxable person under reverse charge mechanism, Agents of Supplier and Input service distributor.
What is GST Registration Process?
Enterslice is top rated online GST Registration consultant in India. We complete GST Registration procedure within 3 days. Following steps are involved in GST Registration process:
Open GST portal and click on “New GST Registration” option available under registration section of Services.
Chose ‘Taxpayer” and provide all the required information including:
- Legal name of your business.
- Location of your business.
- PAN of your business.
- e-mail address.
- Mobile number.
The contact information provided by you will be verified through one time passwords (OTP).
Now, you are required to fill the Online GST Registration Form and attach all the required documents. Verify all the particulars and submit the application.
After successful submission of online GST Registration application, you will receive an Application Reference Number (ARN) via email or Text Message.
After due consideration and scrutiny by a designated GST officer, your application will either be approved or you will be asked to furnish further documents necessary for approval of new GST Registration.
How can Enterslice help in Online GST Registration?
We facilitate hassle-free new GST Registration procedure in India. All you have to do is follow this simple procedure:
- Request a Call Back or and order Online.
- Expert Assigned – an In-House CA will be assigned on your order.
- Upload documents via Enterslice Mobile app or website.
- Submission on Portal – a CA will upload documents on GST Portal.
- ARN No- After Online submission, ARN will be generated.
- GSTIN Issued – After ARN No. GST Department issue GSTIN in 2-6 Working days.
- Avail our GST return services.
Our team will send you regular updates on every step of the online GST Registration process, Returns and further Monthly reminder for GST Payment. In case of any issues, feedback or complaints, you can reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Documents required for GST Registration
GST is pan based state-specific registration, however, for Non-Resident, there is no need of PAN No. GST Registration requirement has been simplified. You need following documents for new GST Registration
- PAN card of the applicant (Company / LLP / Individual).
- Identity proof and address proofs of all the promoters of the business.
- Proof of registration of business, or Partnership Deed in case of partnership and registration certificates.
- Address proof for the location of a business.
- Bank account details of the business.
- Class 2 or Class 3 DSC for signatories or OTP Verification via Aadhar.
GST Registration Fee
New GST Registration in India is quite a tedious process and involves various steps and documentation. There is a need to select the SAC/HSN Code at the time of registration, hence you need knowledge of GST laws. Thus, it is recommended to take Professional help for the same. Our team at Enterslice provides end to end online GST Registration services.
Penalties for not registering under GST
There are strict laws under the GST Act for non-compliance with GST act.
Short Payment or Non-Payment of Taxes – Penalty would 10% of Unpaid amount or Rs. 10,000 Tax Evasion – Penalty 100% of the Tax Amount
Benefits of GST Registration
- It eliminates the issues of double taxation that was an obvious issue in the previous multiple taxes system.
- Simplified procedure- everything is made easier by making everything online.
- Compliances are made easier and easier.
- Registration threshold is set higher. This exempts the small-scale businesses from Online GST Registration requirements.
- Many unorganized sectors are covered under Goods and Service Tax.
What is the Composition Scheme under GST?
Apart from regular registration, small taxpayers are given a choice to opt for Composition Scheme while following the GST Registration procedure online. This scheme was introduced with the objective to reduce the compliance burden of small taxpayers. As such taxpayers lack the expertise and required resources to comply with all the basic GST provisions and return filing requirements.
Any taxpayer with the annual turnover of fewer than 1.5 crores is eligible to apply for New GST Registration Online under composition. This annual turnover will be sum total of all total of all the business verticals run on the same PAN.
Timeline for GST Registration
- For Existing taxpayers – All existing taxpayers registered under VAT/CST, Excise, Service tax i.e mandatorily required to apply for online GST Registration before 1st June 2017. An only registered person under GST shall be allowed to carry forward of Input tax credit.
- For New Taxpayers – All liable taxpayers are required to be registered within 30 days and if you will file well on time then you can avail input tax credit from the 1st day of your business. If you delay the GST Registration process then you can only collect tax or avail input tax credit only from the GST Registration online date has been granted.
- For Causal dealer – A casual dealer who intends to start a business under GST regime has to mandatorily initiate online GST Registration process at least 5 days before commencement of business. A casual dealer has to pay GST in advance based on the estimated turnover of 90 days. Online GST Registration for the causal dealer is only valid for 90 days.
- For Non-resident taxable person – a non-resident taxable person who wishes to commence a business without setting up fixed establishment or office then he has to initiate online GST Registration process at least 5 days before commencement of business. The validity of new GST Registration for non-resident is for maximum 90 days. Another extension may be applied for another 90 days and tax has to be paid in advance.
Tax Structure under GST
As India is a federal country tax collection powers are assigned on central as well as state level. GST Tax structure has also been defined keeping this in mind. GST constitutes of following three types of taxes;
- CGST (Central Goods and Service Tax).
- SGST/UTGST (State/ Union Territory Goods and Service Tax).
- IGST (Integrated Goods and Service Tax).
Applicable GST Rates in India
Currently in India following GST rates are applicable:
- O% Tax Slab
All the essential Goods goods like milk, curd, food grains, raw foods, fresh meat, fish, chicken, eggs, natural honey, flour, fresh fruits and vegetables etc. and important services like Education Services, Health Service are covered under this category.
Along with these essentials, all the exports are also zero-rated under GST.
- 5% Tax Slab
Goods like Sugar, tea, coffee, edible oil, branded paneer, sweets, bread, frozen vegetables, lifesaving drugs, coal, Domestic LPG etc. and transport and few restaurants are covered under this section.
- 12% Tax Slab
Fruit juices, Ayurvedic medicines, tooth powder, umbrella, coloring, books, picture books, sewing machine, cell phones, computer etc are included in this section.
- 18% Tax Slab
Chocolates, Cocoa butter, fat and oil, Vinegar, Electronic Toys Petroleum oils, Petroleum Gases, deodorants, shaving creams, aftershave, hair shampoo etc. along with services of transfer of IPR are covered under this slab.
- 28% Tax Slab
With time there have been numerous changes made in the GST rates. After current changes, only 35 items are left in 28% GST slab rate list.
GST Compliance and Returns
Once GST Registration procedure is completed you are required to make sure that all GST compliances are done timely including return filing. Know all about the required compliances under GST and returns that are to be filed. Periodical returns and due dates of such returns are to be kept in mind to ensure proper compliances. For any normal taxpayer following returns are required to be filed:
- GSTR-1 for information relating to sales to be filed on 10th of next month.
- GSTR-2 for information relating to purchases to be filed on 15th of next month.
- GSTR-3, monthly tax return to be filed on 20th of next month.
- GSTR-4, annual tax return to be filed on 31st Dec of next financial year
There are many other tax returns that are required to be filed by other types of taxpayers. We provide compliance services and ensure that you are updated on all fronts relating to GST.