What is Employees Provident Fund (EPF)?
Employees Provident Fund is a retirement benefit scheme for all salaried people and this fund is maintained by Employees Provident Fund Organization of India (EPFO) and any company having 20 employees or more is required to register with EPFO.
During the working tenure, employee and employer both contribute 12 percent of the basic salary of employee into EPF account. Employee's entire 12 percent goes into EPF account and Employer's 3.67 percent is transferred into EPF account of employee. Rest 8.33 percent from employer's side is diverted in Employees Pension Fund (EPF).
EPF Registration is mandatory for companies/organizations having more than 20 individuals. Registration can be done online and offline both but preferably done with online mode.
Employer needs to provide following details along with EPF Form which can be downloaded from EPFO website
- Name and address of the company along with head office and branch details
- Date of Incorporation of company
- Provide Details of employees (name, date of joining, salary, etc)
- Business of the company
- Director’s details
- Banking details of the company
- PAN details
Following documents are required to furnish for successful registration of EPF
- Copy of partnership deed (In case of partnership firm)
- Certificate of Incorporation (In case of Private or Public Company)
- Registration Certificate (In case of society)
- PAN details of the company
- Proof of Incorporation
- Salary details of employees
- Balance Sheet details