Eating House License
The food industry is the fastest growing industry in the country. Preference and lifestyle of people are changing. Setting up an eating house is a great idea but before setting up an Eating House one must research thoroughly regarding its legal implications.
Now, before starting with Eating House License, first, we will discuss the Eating House.
“Eating House is a place where different kind of food or drink is supplied for consumption of the general public.”
To operate an Eating House in India, one has to obtain the Eating House License from the monitoring authority. For Eating House License, an applicant has to apply to the State Police Headquarters and the Police Commissioner of that city.
- Preparation of necessary Documents required for filing an application
- Drafting and Filing of application
- Government Fees
Indian food service industry is growing rapidly. Consumers prefer to have hot & fresh food. As per the survey, a major part of the population prefers to eat in rather than take away. This trend is not going to end as India has a large young population.
Key Factors of Growth of Food Industry
India is one of the fastest growing economies of the world and there are numerous advantages to the food industry. Following factors contribute towards the growth of the food industry:
- Large Young Population of the Country
- Increase in the income level of the population
- The lifestyle of the People
Following licenses required set up a food business:
- Food License: In order to set up a food business in India, one has to obtain a food license from FSSAI. Before applying for food license, one has to check its eligibility for FSSAI registration, state license or central license.
- Health Trade License:It is required to obtain from the Municipal Corporation of the concerned state.
- Eating House License: For Eating House License an application is made to the police commissioner of the concerned state.
- Fire Security Certificate: In order to set up a food business one has to obtain NOC from the fire department. After applying for NOC, the inspection will be carried out by the officials of the Fire Department.
- Liquor License: If liquor is going to be served then a liquor license is required to be obtained from the excise commissioner of the state.
- Lift Clearance: If there is a multi-story building then to assure that lift is operating as per the safety norms, it is required to obtain clearance from the electrical inspector of the office of the labor commissioner.
- Music License: If music is going to be played then it is required to be obtained.
- Environmental Clearance: In order to ensure that business is not going to pollute the environment, NOC is required to be obtained from the pollution board of the concerned state.
- Insurance: Insurance is required to be taken for public liability, fire policy and for the assets of the company.
- A license under Shops & Establishment Act: It is required to be obtained from the concerned state.
- Weights & Measures Department Approval: One has to obtain approval of models of weighing & measuring instruments from the Weights & Measures Department according to the Legal Metrology Act, 2009.
Documents Required for Eating House Registration
Following Documents are required:
- Site Plan of Eating House
- Postcard size photographs of Eating House
- Copy of valid Trade License from NDMC/MCD/DCB/Airport Authority of India along with the fee receipt
- Legal occupancy proof of the Eating House and NOC from the landlord in case of a tenancy
- Identity and Residential Address Proof of the applicant
- An affidavit on stamp paper which has to be duly attested by Notary Public
- In case seating capacity of people in eating house is 50 or more than fire safety certificate.
- An undertaking for amusement activities and installation of CCTV Cameras with 30 days recording facility.
- Certificate of Incorporation and details of directors in case of Company.
- Copy of Board Resolution
- GST Registration Certificate
- FSSAI License
- Details of Employees
- Police Clearance Certificate
- Fire Safety measures installation proof
Basic Procedure for Eating House License Registration
1. Fill Application Form
For Eating House License, an application is required to be filled by providing us the necessary details.
2. Documents Submission
The next step for obtaining Eating House License is to submit necessary documents along with the application to the Additional Commissioner of Police, Licensing, Delhi through professionals.
3. Appointment with additional commissioner of Police
After submission of an application for eating house license, an appointment date will be decided for the purpose of scrutiny of application along with the necessary documents by Additional Commissioner. Thereafter Eating House License is issued after proper verification by the commissioner.