What is GIFT DEED?
A gift deed is a legal document which is a voluntary transfer of Gift from owner of property (known as DONOR) to the receiver of Gift (known as DONEE) without any exchange of money. Thus, it is a legally binding contract that transfers the ownership of a property (real estate) from one person to another. A gift deed is signed by the donor, and is attested by two witnesses. The stamp duty charges may vary from state to state, which must be paid according to the value of property.
Advantage of a Gift Deed
A Gift Deed is a written legal document which has a valid recognition. Thus, it is regarded as an evidence of the gift made to the Donee.
- A well efficient lawyer from our team shall contact you, and explain you the total process, and will understand the need of filing a legal notice by you.
- Once the objectives of the same are clear, the lawyer shall draft a sample legal notice accordingly.
- The draft legal notice shall be sent to you, for your review.
- Once you approve it, it shall be served to the other party.
- The whole process takes around 3-4 working days.