What is a Franchise Agreement?
A franchise agreement is a legal, binding contract between Franchisor and Franchisee. Thus a franchise agreement grants a franchisee the right to use the franchisor's system, proprietary marks to operate a franchised business. Thus it is an agreement in which the franchisor lends the trade name or business system to other person/entity. The contract shall define the brand name that will be used, the length of arrangement, clauses dealing with penal provisions, ranging from fines, compensation, cancellation of the franchise.
Advantages of Franchise Agreement
Business privilege: A franchise agreement allows one to access to the trademarked business logo, the products and all of the marketing expertise that a franchise has to offer. The advantage to a franchise agreement is that it legally allows the person/entity to use a known trademarked business name and logo as part of business plan.
Control of the brand: The franchiser after entering into the contract shall be able to specify the terms and conditions of the usage of brand, penalties and rules and regulations are clearly defined.
Procedure for Preparation of Franchise agreement
- A well efficient lawyer from our team shall contact you, and explain you the total process, and will understand the need of filing a legal notice by you.
- Once the objectives of the same are clear, the lawyer shall draft a sample legal notice accordingly.
- The draft legal notice shall be sent to you, for your review.
- Once you approve it, it shall be served to the other party.
- The whole process takes around 3-4 working days.