Fire Department NOC?
A fire broke out in a Kolkata hospital in December 2011 leaving about 90 lives injured the newspaper is flooded with articles that had witnessed the loss in the 11 government hospitals along with a list of schools in Delhi that do not have NOCs. These incidents have been pushing the government to take a look on these sides and issue stern warnings to multi-story buildings and advise them to get the mandatory Fire NOC from the state fire department.
The growth in the property sector and the flexible legal system has raised the fraudulent practices in the matter of purchase of the property. The level of fraud in the property sector has stood the ear of the government and made them take steps like mandating Fire Department NOC for some specific class and also order to scrutinized each document of the property before any property deal.
What is Fire Department NOC is all About?
The Fire Department NOC is issued by the respective states' fire service that verifies and checks the building resistant or that the building can observe any fire-related accidents. By crossing the finish line of guidelines, the fire department will issue the NOC for the residential/commercial building of the applicant. The guidelines may vary according to the different states.
For whom Fire Department NOC is Mandatory?
From past few years, the earth has many times buried thousands of people who are killed across the world as a consequence of fire and fire-related accidents. In to the bargain, worth of crores of rupees is damaged by fire every year. The conditions of the fired building are very serious and many companies may not even recover after the misshaping lifelong.
High- rise or multi-story building having more than 15 meters in height are required to obtain Fire NOC from the state Fire Services.
Procedure for obtaining the Fire Department NOC
It is not an easy task t obtain the No Objection Certificate from the Fire Department but not as tough as recovering from any misshaping.
- The applicant/ representative/ entrepreneur has to submit either
- An application for fire clearance certificate in physical form in person to the office of the Chief Fire Officer, Fire Service, Department, Port Blair or
- Form in an online system for fire clearance certificate of the Fire Service Department.
In either the case, the application form should be submitted along with the list of the required documents for the enterprise.
- The CFO Officer will forward the application or form to the concerned Inspector in A&N islands, depending on the area of jurisdiction.
- The concerned Inspector will inspect the site of the enterprise and verifies that the enterprise has equipped with all required arrangements for Fire safety.
- The entrepreneur should keep a checklist of the critical activities or arrangements that are set up in the enterprise before the Inspection, failing that will not be issued by FSD within the timelines prescribed.
- If all Fire arrangements are set up properly as noted during Inspection by the Inspector, the Inspector Fire Brigade of the area concerned will issue the Fire Clearance Certificate in the prescribed format obtaining approval from the competent authority.
Documents required for Fire Department NOC
From All NOC.
- Two sets of Building plans through Building Authority (Consist of the site plan, building plan, Layout Plan, Analysis Report, Form of Supervision).
- The building plans must contain all information as prescribed by the bye-laws.
- Checklist with filled in a questionnaire.
- Model of the building.
- Checklist Certified by the architect.
- Building Stability Certificate.
- Copy of the Aadhar Card of the applicant.
- Photograph of the Establishment Building taken from outside.
- Electric Wiring- Quantity and Completion Certificate from a recognized authority.
Who grants the Fire Department NOC for the building?
Fire Service Department of the respective state grants the NOC to the builders and in case of Delhi, Delhi Fire Service is the concerned authority.
Although, the fire prevention wig is headed by the Deputy Chief Fire Officer and assisted by a Divisional Officer and Station Officers.
What is the prescribed Fee for Fire Department NOC?
The Department does not charge any fee for providing the Fire Department NOC.
How much time is required for obtaining Fire Department NOC?
You will get your NOC within 4 weeks from the date of receipt of the request if all required information submitted is correctly provided.
What is the validity of Fire Department NOC?
The NOC once issued is valid for a period of 5 years for residential and 3 years for non- residential building from the date of issue.
How can Enterslice play an important role in Obtaining Fire Department NOC for building?
Enterslice is a platform for the young entrepreneur to fulfill their dream and helping all the clients across India in obtaining the Fire Department NOC for the building. Safety of clients and their business is on the eye. Therefore, we are a team of professionals to take care if the documents and verification process.