BRC Certification Services
The BRC Global Standard Food Safety started in the UK to help the food industry in meeting the legislative requirements of the EU General Product Safety Directive and the UK Food Safety Act. The standard has also got global recognition with over 20,000 certified sites around the world from that time. This standard is a Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) recognized certification program.
The British Retail Consortium or BRC is a trade association introduced by the UK food retail industry launched in 1992. The BRC has proposed standards for best practices made for the food and manufacturing industries for the last two decades. It also establishes the On-Pack recycling standards for the UK.
The BRC Global Food Standard is in existence since the year 1998. In 2000 GFSI organization introduced the first food safety standard. According to this, the rule must meet their benchmark criteria for acceptance. This standard has been designed as a "total quality management" program and includes the food safety requirements that the food manufacturers must meet to get BRC Certification.
Currently, there are four BRC standards in use:
- BRC Global Standards for Food Safety Issue eight.
- BRC Global Standards for Consumer Products Issue four.
- BRC Global Standards for Packaging and Packaging Material Issue 6.
- BRC Global Standard for Storage and Distribution Issue 3.
What is the Requirement for BRC Certification?
For the purpose of BRC Certification, the following requirements must be fulfilled:
What are the Standards Available for BRC Certification?
The following standards are available for BRC Certification:
BRC Global Standard for Food Safety Issue 7
It was first published in 1998. The BRC Global Standard for the purpose of Food Safety is the first benchmarked standard and is also one of the leading food safety certification standards for BRC Certification.
BRC Global Standards for Packaging Materials Issue Five
First packaging standard in the world is the BRC Global Standard for Packaging and Packaging Materials. It is recognized by the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) benchmarking committee.
BRC Global Standards for Storage and Distribution Issue 3
The BRC Global Standard for Storage, as well as Distribution, is also one of the GFSI benchmark standards. The latest edition, Issue 3 was introduced in August 2016.
BRC Global Standard for Agents and Brokers
In both the food and packaging industries, the BRC Global Standard for the Agents and Brokers provides a framework for managing product safety and its quality and legality for the agent and broker businesses in the food and packaging industries.
The Consumer Products Standards Issue 4 was first published in 2016. Again, it was revised to recognize the diversity of products included within the Consumer Products by producing two separate standards.
a) For General Merchandise- Global Standard for Consumer Products
b) For Purpose of Personal Care and Household-Global Standard for Consumer Products
All of the given standards can get BRC Certification at either Foundation level or a higher level.
The BRC Global Standard for Retail got published in 2016. It provides BRC certification for organizations that deal with retail food products.
BRC Certification Food Safety Issue 8 Certification
Enterslice is the best expert for BRC Global Standard for Food Safety Issue 8 certification in India. The BRC Food Issue 8 Certification incorporates bit by bit execution of the sanitation framework inside the food associations, sanitation preparing for mindfulness just as reviewing and getting ready documentation for BRC Food Issue 8 confirmation. The BRC Food Issue 8 Certificate is given by internationally perceived Certifying Body, which is licensed to provide a declaration under the BRC Global norm for sanitation issue 8. The BRC Food Issue 8 authentications are given for the time of 3 years after the useful culmination of pre-appraisal and enlistment (last) evaluation. Observation reviews are led by the Certifying Body within 3 years, at the time frames months, nine months, or a year relying on the nature and size of the association. Endless supply of 3 years, reestablishment review is accomplished for a new multiyear-cycle.
For BRC Food Issue 8 certification and different nourishments wellbeing standard confirmation. In Enterslice, we have a group of experienced BRC Food Issue 8 Consultants who have actualized the sanitation framework for customers across India.
Steps of BRC Certification Food Issue 8 in Enterslice
The following steps of BRC Certification Food Issue 8 adapted in Enteslice:
- Purchasing of the original standard copy.
- Ground-level survey of the ongoing system.
- Ensure to carry out HACCP analysis and prepare the HACCP plan.
- Prepare the BRC Food Issue 8 documents (Manual, Procedure, templates).
- Conduct awareness program (top + middle + bottom level).
- Define policy and establish objectives.
- Implementation and training of all the personnel in the use of procedures and formats.
- Provide training to employees related to food safety hazards identification evaluation and control.
- Self-assessment of the food safety system.
- Train internal auditors.
- Assess the system through the first internal audit.
- Take corrective actions for non-conformities.
- Apply for certification.
- Assess the system through the second round of internal audits.
- Avail pre-certification audit of certifying body. (Optional).
- Take action on suggestions given by them.
- Final audit by the certifying body.
- Submit the corrective actions to certifying body within 28 calendar days.
- Get the certification within 42 calendar days.
- Get BRC certified with achieved grade and get the name listed on the BRC directory.
Benefits of the BRC Certification for Food Organizations in India
The following are the benefits of the BRC Certification for food organization in India:
- International recognition.
- Accepted by all the retail customers.
- Scheme approved by GFSI.
- A systematic approach to meet the requirement for food safety.
- Improving the safety and quality of the product.
- Conformance with all the legal and regulatory requirements.
- The ability to reduce the customer and third-party audit.
- Systematic management of GMP requirements (prerequisite programs).
- Can help in identifying the process improvements and reduced customer complaints.
- Provides evidence of due diligence and also reduces the likelihood of product recall and adverse publicity.
Criteria for BRC Food and BRC Packaging Standards in BRC Certification
BRC global standard is written in plain English, so it is easy to understand for implementation by the client. The requirements listed below need to be applied to get the certificate of BRC food safety (Issue 8) and BRC IoP (Issue 6) standard for the packaging companies. In each of the below-listed requirements, there are many sub-requirements.
- Senior management commitment.
- The food safety plan – HACCP.
- Food Safety and Quality management system.
- Site standards.
- Product and process control.
- Personnel and training.