Introduction of New e-form AGILE for GSTIN, EPFO and ESIC by MCA
Recently, the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) has notified e-form known as AGILE -Application for Registration of the Goods and Services Tax Identification Number (GSTIN), Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) registration and Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) registration.
This AGILE form is part of SPICE Incorporation e-form
and covers three important registration for businesses namely:
- GSTIN (Goods
and Services Tax Identification Number),
- EPFO (Employees
Provident Fund Organization), and
- ESIC (Employee State
Now let us go ahead and try to understand what exactly
this e-form is about and the latest notification related to it.
Application for GSTIN through e-form AGILE
Any user who intends to incorporate a company through SPICe eform can apply for GSTIN through this eform. The application (SPICe) for incorporation of a company shall be accompanied by a linked e-form AGILE to obtain GSTIN along with other applicable forms.
This process will be applicable only for Companies which is establish by MCA through SPICe application.
Mandatory Filing of
INC-35 at the time of submitting SPICe Form
- With effect from 31st March 2019, as notified vide the Companies (Incorporation) Third Amendment Rules, 2019 dated 29th March 2019, it is mandatory to file the application (SPICe) for incorporation of a company which shall be accompanied by a linked e-form INC-35 (AGILE).
- Moreover, the registered office of the proposed company as provided in the SPICe shall be the principal place of business for GST application.
- Select the same state and district in AGILE form (INC-35) in which the registered office of proposed company exists i.e. enter the same state and district as entered in SPICe form.
Directors in the AGILE Form
details of the proposed Directors to be entered in AGILE form would be based on
the class, category or sub-category entered in SPICe eform. Number of Directors
- 1 in case of OPC,
- 2 in case of private company,
- 3 in case of public limited company, and
- 5 in case of Producer Company.
Note: The details of such proposed Director entered in AGILE form should match the details as entered in the SPICe form for the same person.
of the AGILE Form
- The AGILE Form must be signed
by the Director.
- The director who has signed the SPICe eform
should sign the AGILE form.
- Both SPICe form and AGILE form shall be signed
by the same director.
How would you receive
As soon as the company gets incorporate at MCA portal and Certificate of Incorporation (COI) and PAN has been successfully generated, required information will be forwarded to Goods and Service Tax Network (GSTN) for processing of form.
- Once the data is successfully validated by GSTN, a Temporary Reference Number (TRN) and ARN (Acknowledgement Reference Number) would generate and will display on MCA Portal.
- In case of approval / Rejection, GSTN will send GSTIN / Rejected status on mobile number and email of Authorized Signatory.
Highlights of the Amendment related to e-form AGILE
Some of the key highlights of the notification with
effect from 29th March, 2019 are as follows:
- By filing e-form AGILE along with SPICE incorporation form at the time of registration, the company would be automatically enrolled for GST, Employee State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) and Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO).
- The notification that came in this regard said that the SPICe shall be accompanied by e-form AGILE with effect from March 31, 2019, as notified vide the Companies (Incorporation) Third Amendment Rules, 2019.
- Finally, through the new e-form AGILE, which is also Known as form INC-35, any registering company can apply for GST Registration, ESI Registration and EPF Registration along with company registration in SPICe Form.
Effective dates for
applying registrations through e-form AGILE
Following are the important dates to be in your calendar:
- For GSTIN: March
- For EPFO: April
- For ESIC: April
You can read the full notification here
To Sum Up
The recently introduced e-form AGILE seems to have improvised the registration process in relation to GST Registration, ESI Registration and EPF Registration along with company registration in SPICe Form. Hence, it will act as the single window clearance for company incorporation and other regulatory formalities simultaneously.
For more information related to the above, you can contact our team of experts at Enterslice.