Food and Beverages
Food is stuff consumed to provide nutritional support for a human being. Food is what a human being needs to survive. Food consumption is normally enjoyable for humans. Food is a substance that makes your bodywork. The kind of food the person eats affects the competence of the processes.
Beverages are a liquid that can stop someone to feel thirsty. Examples of Beverages are water, coffee, tea, alcoholic beverages.
Food and Beverages Services
Food and Beverages Services are the services primarily engaged in preparing foods and beverages to its customers per their order either for immediate consumption or for off the premises” This Food and Beverages service sector is commonly known by its initials i.e. F&B Services.
The main motive of the Food and Beverages service sector is to satisfy the customer’s need by taking into consideration the need for special food items, need for good value for the price asked for, social needs, and customer convenience.
Types of food and beverages services
Food and Beverages services are classified into 2 types−
In commercial operations, Food and Beverages Services is the primary source of business. Examples of Commercial sector are-hotels, Restaurants, Lounges, clubs, and bars.
Non-commercial operations are subordinate businesses in association with the main business. In non-commercial operations, F&B services cater to their consumers with a limited choice of food and beverages. Non-commercial operations often run under contracts. For instance, food and beverage services provided at hospitals, hostels, and prisons.
Features of the food and beverages sector
The Food and Beverage sector is playing a significant role by promoting diversified food concepts and cuisines as per the customer’s need. Below mentioned are the features of the food and beverages sector-
- A Major contribution to the economy.
- Plays an important role in fulfilling the day to day needs of the customer
- Employment generation.
- Encourages business.
- Promotes diversification by introducing new concepts.
- Innovations and fulfilling the basic needs of the customers.
- Generates high competition.
How does the Food and Beverages sector operate?
The food and Beverage sector operates by analyzing how different foodservice operators work. The F&B Service sector operates by taking into consideration the market trends, the demand for products, Costs and revenue generation, and customer satisfaction. Food and Beverages sector operates by-
- By targeting the customer’s needs and market trends.
- Formulating new policies and business motives.
- Interpretation of the needs that are required for the food and beverage operations.
- Executing the plans and designs required for the food and beverage operations.
- Provisioning the strategies and service methods being used by the F &B operations.
- Controlling the cost and increasing the revenue generation.
- Proper monitoring of the customer’s satisfaction.
Factors of profitability of the food and beverages sector
The Profitability of food and beverages depends on various factors i.e. the material products, Behavioralfactors, and environmental factors. It is a number game and overall atmosphere and culture depict the profitability of the food and beverage sector. The factors that affect the profitability of the Food and Beverages sector are-
Material efficiency and productivity are considered as one of the factors that affect the profitability of offood and beverages. The material efficiency and productivity are based on-
- The quality of the food and beverages
- Diversification in the menu.
- Availability of food items.
- The ambience of the place where the food item is being served.
- Price of the food and beverages.
- Consistency, taste, and appearance of the food.
Before entering into the F&B Sector, it is important to have a clear business plan that should include all the key considerations which affect the profitability i.e. Business Plan, Menu, location, finance, staffing, Customer base, Competitors in the market. Apart from the material efficiency mentioned above, environmental factors also affect the profitability of the F&B sector.
- Location and reach of the place.
- Cleanliness and hygiene.
- Ambience and size of the sitting area.
- The Infrastructure of the area.
- Space of the sitting area.
- Parking availability.
Performance and attitude of the staff
Staff selection is very important before starting any kind of business. Staff selection is crucial to the long-term success of the business. In the F&B sector also performance and attitude of the staff matters in increasing the revenue of the F&B Sector.
- Friendliness of the staff
- Speed and efficiency while working.
- The staff should be quick to react professionally.
- Proper entertainment for special requests and complaints.
Food and Beverages services are offering to the profits in the hospitality sector.
The food and beverage services sector renders a lot of services within the hospitality industry by serving food and beverages to the customers at restaurants and hotels or takeaway which includes food delivery. The Food and Beverages service sector is usually defined by the products prepared that does not include the manufacturing of foods and beverages. The only objective of the food and beverage service sector is to serve food and beverages to people and to satisfy the customer’s needs.
The legal procedures while running an F&B Services?
The most important part while running Food and Beverages services is to comply with the legal procedures. A person needs to get the licenses and the registration before running the F&B services. Below mentioned are the legal compliances that are required before running Food and Beverages operations.
Getting a Food License
Food license (Food Safety and Standard Authority of India license)is required which is one of the important licenses required for running a Food and Beverages operation. It is issued under FSS (Licensing & Registration of Food Businesses) Regulations, 2011.
It is mandatory to print the Food license number on food packages. Food license can be issued in any of the three given categories-
- State, or
- Basic Registration.
To serve alcoholic beverages, a Liquor license is required. Liquor license is mandatory before starting food and beverage services. The liquor license is issued by the Local excise commissioner. Serving liquor increases the profitability ratio.
Before starting the restaurant, GST registration is also required. Periodical checks will be made by the respective authority after getting all the license and registration
Role of food and beverages dept. while serving the food and beverage.
The food and Beverages department performs various roles and responsibilities.
- Acts as an inspector while supplying the hygienic food and Beverages to the customers.
- Responsible for the operation of all the food and beverage outlets.
- Keeps a proper check on the areas controlled by the F&B Department. i.e. Food production, Foodservice, and support service.
- Responsible for bookings and reserving the tables.
What services does Enterslice provide for running Food and Beverages operations?
Enterslice provides services for opening a restaurant business-
- FSSAI licenses,
- GST registration,
- Labour registration.
- File Trademark Application for brand name and logo
- License Renewal.
- Shop and establishment license.
How Enterslice helps in providing an FSSAI License?
- Enterslice helps in providing various assistance in providing in getting FSSAI license.
- Help the clients by filling the form on behalf of their behalf and also helps in submitting the document for FSSAI License.
- Proper track of the process and helps the customer by providing proper guidance.
- Proper communication and follow up with their clients.
- Enterslice also helps in compliance services.