FSSAI Registration Process – Documents Required, Benefits, Fees?
FSSAI Registration is required for all type of food business in India. If you are starting a food business or existing food business operator, FSSAI Food License is compulsorily required. FSSAI Certificate can be obtained by filing an online Application with FSSAI's website. The Food License has been categorized in three types Basic for turnover less than Rs 12 lac, State for Annual turnover more than Rs 12 Lac and less than 20 cr, Central license for Turnover more than 20 Cr. FSSAI registration usually takes between 2-3 working days. We'll help you to register for your Food License through FSSAI in 7 easy steps.
Who should register for FSSAI?
- All types of food manufacturer
- Food Packaging unit or Storage unit
- Wholesale or trading or online food business operator
- Caters, Hotel or Raw material supplier
- Exporter and importer of food products
- Retailers of food product
What is FSSAI Registration procedure?
- Step 1: Purchase a Plan- Place order on www.enterslice.com. Click on Get Started buttonand we will send from A, Attached KYC of owners, select an appropriate business activity.
- Step 2: CA Assigned-Submit declaration to expert & select Food items.
- Step 3: Upload Documents- We will Deposit Challan either online or via bank counter deposit and Submit online / Offline documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Step 4: Submission on Portal- Food Inspector will visit to see your business / Manufacturing process.
- Step 5: Follow-up with FSSAI Department- FSSAI License Consultant does regular Visit / Follow-ups with FSSAI Dept. & Clarify their objections / Questions.
- Step 6: Response to Department-We will respond to re-submission from FSSAI department
- Step 7: FSSAI License Certificate- FSSAI Department will issue FSSAI License after investigation / Examination of documents and business case submitted to the department.
What are the Types of FSSAI License?
The Selection of FSSAI License types depends on the business volume or turnover or Installed capacity or Location where you operate a food business. Depending upon the turnover or capacity an FBO, you can apply for FSSAI Basic registration, FSSAI State License or FSSAI Central license. FSSAI License is an online process, however, You may need to visit FSSAI Department for answering the questions/Clarification asked by the FSSAI inspector.
- FSSAI Registration – recommended For turnover below Rs. 12 Lac in a Year.
- FSSAI State Trading License - recommended for turnover above Rs. 12 Lac and less than Rs. 20 Cr in a Year)
- FSSAI State Manufacturing License - For the food license, Business with turnover between Rs. 12 Lac to Rs. 20 Cr. annually or/additionally. A turnover limit is same for FSSAI State trading license or FSSAI State Manufacturing license.
- FSSAI Central License (Manufacturing) - For Turnover Above Rs. 20 Cr in Case of Manufacturing or Trading or Storage beyond certain limited as specified by the law.
- FSSAI License for Importer / Exporter
Documents Required for FSSAI License
FSSAI Basic Registration.
- Aadhaar card of the Business owner.
- Scan Copy of Pan
- Scan copy of the signature.
- Scan of Photographs.
- Detail about the business activity.
- Declaration about the Business place in Form A
FSSAI State License
- Same as FSSAI Registration ( As Above )
- Business registration certificate – COI/GST/Partnership Deed
- List of Plant and Machinery
- Photographs of Machinery
- ID Proof of person responsible for FSSAI Compliance
FSSAI Central License (Manufacturing)
Same documents as in case of FSSAI State License Audited balance sheet in case Food Manufacture is applying for a Central license.
FSSAI Central License (Exporter and Importer)
- KYC of Directors / Partners Owners
- Business Registration certificate – COI, AOA, MOA / Partnership Deed
- List of food Products intent to import or Export
- GST Registration Certificate
- IEC Code in case FSSAI license is to be applied for Export / Import.
What is FSSAI License Fees?
In Practice, we see two types of Food License fees, which you may need pay for getting the FSSAI License. One is government fees and Another is Professional fees to CA/ Lawyer. Though FSSAI registration or License is online Process but still without proper knowledge of FSSAI Act, it is difficult to complete the FSSAI Licensing process.
FSSAI License Fee or FSSAI Registration Fee (Only Government)
- FSSAI Registration Rs. 100 P.A
- FSSAI State License Rs. 2000 to 5000 P.A (Actual fees you can inquiry from FSSAI License consultant)
- FSSAI Central License – 7500 P.A
Usually, if you hire a CA or Lawyer you may need to pay professional fees in range of Rs. 4500 to Rs. 10,000.
What is FSSAI License No?
FSSAI License Number is a 14 Digit unique Number is issued by the FSSAI Department after examination of documents submitted online by the Applicant and further submission of documents may be required to the D.O.
What are benefits of obtaining FSSAI License?
FSSAI license or FSSAI Registration number must be printed on every food products available for sale or free distribution. If you mentioned FSSAI license Number on a product, it builds customer faith and confidence on a food product or a brand.
- Customer Awareness – Customer prefers to purchase a food product on which FSSAI Number has been found at backside of the label.
- Legal Advantages – FBO can save from heavy penalty by FSSAI Department. As Food Business Operator, you should promptly apply for Food license before starting a food business.
- Use of FSSAI Logo – You can print FSSAI Logo on the label of your food product
- Business expansion – Easily you can expand your business without any hassle.
What is FSSAI Annual Return?
After obtaining Food License, you need to take care of FSSAI Annual Compliance specified by the FSSAI Act. As Food business operator, you have to submit an Annual return to FSSAI Department by 31st May of following financial Year, the return can be filled in form D-1. In the Form D-1, you need to declare complete details about the business activity like manufactured quantity or Export or Import Value and Gross. FSSAI Return is applicable irrespective of turnover in a Financial year or business activity.
Penalty for Non-Registration With FSSAI
As A Food Business operator, it is mandatory to apply for FSSAI registration or Food License depending on business nature. in case you failed to obtain the FSSAI License, you shall be liable for a punishment of Rs. 5 Lac with imprisonment for a term 6 Months. Read more about the FSSAI Non-Compliance Penalty It is advisable to obtain FSSAI Registration before you start a business.
Conclusion - If you are a food business operator and Willing to apply for FSSAI Registration or Food License, the FSSAI regulator has defined the simple process which you need to follow. You can take support of a FSSAI License consultant, so that easily you can secure a Food License within 3 to 15 working days. Should you have any questions, please email at email@example.com or Apply Online