Permission and License Required to Make Noodles in India
Processing and manufacturing food items require expertise and a quality controlled environment which can ensure high-quality production. The government of various countries has set a standard of certifications, which have become the mark of authenticity for them to produce food items. These measures were adopted by the Indian government, which can become the basis of food production, manufacturing, processing and distribution among the consumers.
Reason for License for Noodles in India
The permission and license required to make noodles in India is an important certification, which should be adopted by such companies. Noodles have become a staple food on the Indian menu over the years. Children of every age are attracted toward this food item. Be it noodles, pasta or macaroni, these varieties have become very popular among Indians.
This is the prime reason that the companies have found a breakthrough measure by manufacturing oats and flour noodles to offer solace to the thoughtful mothers who want to feed their young ones with healthy foods. Companies, which are involved in the manufacturing of noodles, should achieve the standard of certification called FSSAI, which is an acronym for Foods Safety and Standards Association in India. These food items are regarded as non-standardized food products by FSSAI and thus it is very important for the companies making such stuff to have a certification.
License for Noodles in India
To operate as a food processing company, it is essential to obtain a Food License, which is relevant to the product. The FSSAI is a mark of certification and the central government has the power to direct the state bodies to keep a check on the companies which process such food items. FSSAI has acted with complete diligence and is very swift in conducting tests on the noodle-making brands of many big companies.
To get a food license is not a simple task. It is important to understand the slabs crafted by the government to achieve such a license.
- To obtain a Basic Food License, the turnover of the company should be 5 lakhs.
- To be eligible for a State License, the turnover of the company should be above 5 Lakhs or equal to 20 Crores.
- For the FSSAI Central License, the company should have a turnover of more than 20 Crores. The companies, which are involved in large quantity production of any food items, have to obtain such a license.
Here are some of the requirement to obtain permission and an FSSAI license to makes noodles in India:
- The authorities have to ensure that the noodle making company has a safe and hygienic premise for manufacturing. This is the first step, which FSSAI takes to ensure for the companies which are engaged in the manufacturing of noodles. As per the law, the company has to fill out form B of FSSAI.
- The certificate of authenticity can be achieved when the required documents to be submitted for FSSAI are complete. The company should be equipped with all the documentation so that obtaining the certificate becomes a simple task.
- The packaging of the noodles should be ideal and as per the standard set by the licensing authority. This is an important step because packing is the first impression on the clients. Moreover, the packaging industry should also ensure that the packs meet the expected standards of quality. The companies, which are involved in the packaging of the food products, are required to apply for a license which is relevant to their area of specialization.
- The professionals of the noodle making company should have the required qualifications, which make them adept in conducting the manufacturing of food products. Unless qualified engineers are present in the company, the required task should not be undertaken. FSSAI approves their qualification and demonstrates that the company is equipped with human expertise.
- The constant checking and testing of the product within the premise of the noodle making factory is a right of the authorized licensing company. They also conduct the quality testing of the taste-maker, so that the spices and ingredients in the taste-maker are found to be safe for consumption. There have been instances which can prove that even large companies in the industry have to face these stringent laws and have to prove their quality. If FSSAI is still not satisfied with the product, they have the right to place a ban on it. Such is the power of the licensing company.
- The equipment used by the factory for the production of noodles should be reliable and of supreme quality. This will ensure the safe production of the product.
- Once the FSSAI is satisfied with the documentation in filing for the license, they will further conduct an inspection to be sure of their answer. The inspection is very stringent as they have to keep in mind all the laws and the safety of the premise before giving the license to the company producing the required food item.
- The companies, if found violating the rules of FSSAI, are liable for punishment. The licensing authority has the right to take the food processing company to task and slap them with the most deserving punishment.
- The companies, which have to obtain the license, should have consultants who can give the perfect guide to the food distribution company regarding the assimilation of the license.
When the FSSAI License expires, the company will have to undergo the same procedure again for re-application of the license, but once the license is obtained, the food manufacturing operators can operate with complete confidence and without any fear of rejection for the quality of their product. As a Startup, if your turnover is less than Rs. 12 Lac in a financial year then you may choose to apply for FSSAI Registration.
The food processing industry in India is made to undergo stringent laws so that public health is maintained. There are some selfish food processing companies, who try to violate the rules and circulate the food products without any achievement of the required license. Any company which is found distributing unhealthy food products can be penalized by the licensing company.
Listen to Audio