What is WPC Approval?
Wireless Planning & Coordination Wing (WPC) is a licensing authority which provides license for Radio and wireless functionalities products which are manufactured or imported in India. Such product must have an Equipment Type Approval (ETA) certificate form of Ministry of Communications of government of India. This includes products with Bluetooth, wireless local area network access technology (Wi-Fi), small digital radio and radio frequency identification.
Enterslice team can assist in testing such products as per the relevant standard. A complete end to end consultancy and process for approval of WPC will be guided by the expert team. All wireless product is mandatorily required to have WPC to operate in the Indian market.
- Application filing is done online with all the correct information and the respective category needs to be selected.
- An Application ID is provided after online submission
- A hard copy of the application will be submitted to the WPC office
- After verifying the documents and information WPC authority will grant the license.
Types of Licenses
Network License to operate:
- Captive Radio Paging
- Wide Area Radio Paging
- Captive Radio Trunking
- Public Mobile Radio Trunking Service(PMRTS)
- Captive VSAT
- Commercial VSAT
- Earth station for foreign mission
- FM Community Broadcast
- FM Broadcast
- SW Broadcast
- Terrestrial Broadcast
- Fixed/Mobile-HF/VHF/UHF-Land Based
- Fixed/Mobile-HF/VHF/UHF-Land Based(additional category)
- HF/VHF for Foreign Mission
- MW Broadcast
- MW link for Foreign Mission
- MW link for Cellular(GSM)
- MW link for WLL(CDMA)
- link for Point to Point Communication
- MW link for Point to Multipoint(for ISP,ILD,NLD)
- Remote Controller
- Satellite Broadcast
- Satellite Network-Gateway for ISP,ILD,NLD
- Satellite Network-Receive only Earth Station
- Satellite News Gathering
- Spread Spectrum