What is UL Certification?
Underwriters Laboratories (UL) is a worldwide safety consulting and certification company. The company is certified to perform testing of a product through it various as National Recognized Testing Laboratories. It is working worldwide, it helps customers, purchasers and policymakers navigate market risk and complexity. UL certifies, verifies, tests and audits the product for the safety of the customers.
Type of UL Certification?
UL is worldwide leader in product safety testing, certification, auditing and validation. UL is an organization that provides for testing the products from a recognized laboratory which is certified to carry out such testing. It defines the process of producing the product to qualify for UL certification.
Various types of UL marking are:
- UL Certified Mark
- UL Listed Mark
- UL Classified Mark
- UL Recognized Component Mark
- UL Functional Safety Listed Mark
- UL Performance Verified Mark
- UL Promotional Badge
Who Can Apply for UL?
Any manufacturers, product developers, authorized agents, representatives or any licensees can apply its product for UL Certification. At the time of application the applicant need to specify the name of company under which the product will appear in UL online certification directories. Once the name is selected it will appear on the product and it gives the conformity of the applicable UL requirements and it will have an UL mark.
- An application for UL certification must be submitted at the time when the product is at development stage.
- Usually the UL officers will conduct a preliminary evaluation to identify the areas which will meet the UL requirements.
- Preliminary inspection is done at the manufacturing unit of the applicant and once it is done the quotation request will be send by the applicant.
- Once the quotation received by the UL authority is accepted by the applicant the UL engineers will begin the investigation and testing of your product.
- Once the product testing is complete the UL engineer will inform you if your product meets UL requirements
- Once the products meets the UL requirement a report will be prepared based on the test results and UL mark must be allotted for the same.