What is Digital Transformation Consulting?
Digital Transformation Consulting assists businesses in implementing digital technologies to improve their competitiveness and performance in the market. The rising technological innovation is forcing enterprises to be more transparent, intuitive, agile, and transparent. The digitisation of technologies led the enterprisers to change their business models and processes to make them more centric and competitive in the digital age. Digital transformation can include anything from adopting automated workflows to implementing new technologies. In many cases, digital technologies have helped businesses reduce their cost and increase their profits. Digital transformation consulting will assist the business by analysing their requirements, available resources and their ability to grow in the near future by providing the right digitalprocesses and experience transformed guidance that will aid them to effectively use the digital technology and platform.
Types of Digital Transformation
The Digital Transformation depends on the needs of the business. A good technique will enable enterprises to improve their efficiency and profit and reduce costs. Henceforth, the technique used must be in such a way that it is best suited to the business's goals. Some of the common types of digital transformations are:
- Process Transformation
The business process transformation means improving efficiency and effectiveness to increase business outcomes. The business transformation process involves automating and reengineering the new processes. It helps introduce new technology-enabled processes to the business service lineup and provides faster supply line results. The process transformation has proven to be the best for many companies, such as Domino's and Mcdonald's.
- Model Transformation
The Model transformation of a business can be understood as changing the way a business operates in the given market. The company willing to operate in the competitive market shall change its business models according to its demand, supply, and other related factors. The transformation of business models redesigns a company to create new sources of value. It can be done by changing the pricing and distribution channels or existing business models. Example of this type of business model is Netflix and Apple.
- Domain Transformation
Domain transformation helps businesses to transform their industries or sector by introducing digital technology to the process. The domain transformation involves introducing new and improved technology to improve to redefine its products or services to create new markets. It helps create new boundaries for the business in the other market domain. An example of this type of technology is web series that have changed the entertainment industry.
- Organisational transformation
Organisational transformation could be understood as redefining the structure and operation of a company to improve its performance. The organisational structure's transformation helps the company improve there working process and provide greater efficiency in the regular workflow. It can be done by redesigning the functions of the business and introducing or implementing the new business process.
Our consultancy service is equipped with many professionals who will understand the business objectives and provide a simplified technique for any type of digital transformation.
Advantages of Digital Transformation
The advantages of digital transformation are:
- Improved Data Collection process:It is very important to evaluate how the customer's data is stored, evaluated, analysed or shared. Due to a large customer base, it becomes imperative that the collection will be in huge numbers, leading the company to spend a lot of time analysing the data. Henceforth, improved digital technology will aid the company in collecting the right data and incorporating it entirely into the channels at every level.
- Consolidate Company Resources:Digital transformation helps the company consolidate their information and resources in one place. The consolidation helps the company improve its data collection techniques as all the information will be available to the finder in one given software. It further reduces the time spent accessing more than one software for different customer needs.
- Secure Network: The primary motive of digital technology consulting is the secrecy of data-driven information across all levels. Digitalisation ensures that the data provided is fully encrypted and made available to the person authorised to handle it. It protects the information from getting leaked and being used for illegal purposes.
- Increased ROI:The digital transformation gives real-time insight into the business operations. It helps the business evaluate ROI quickly and more accurately, resulting in faster ROI at the right time. The quick analysis also helps brace the business for any unfavourable impact and implement measures to mitigate such effects.
- Improved Productivity: The digital transformation helps streamline the workflow of the business entity. Automating manual tasks and integrating data in one place reduces the action's overall response time, improving the organisation's productivity.
Roadmap for Digital Transformation
The digital transformation consultants are responsible for developing and implementing the best-suited roadmap for a business entity. The general roadmap for digital transformation in any business is discussed below:
- Assessment of internal and External Forces
The assessment of internal and external forces is elaborated in 4 phases:
- Analyzation of recent trends and market forces:The analysis of recent trends and market forces includes listing factors that influence the company. It includes environmental, legal, social, economic and technological factors. Further, the market forces are the external factor that directly affects an entity’soperations, suchas competitive rivalry in the products and services, barriers to market entry, demand & supply etc.
- Identifying and prioritising the customer’s needs:The identification of the customer and their needs and wants determines the demand for a particular product or service in the market. Hence the next step will be to determine the wants in the market.
- Analyzation of technology in fulfilling the demand:The next step involves identifying the best-suited digital technology to serve the needs and wants of the customers.
- Mapping or co-mapping different domains: The mapping or co-mapping of different domains helps the consultants to identify the relationship between them and ensures the implementation of best-suited digital technology.
- Developing Business Strategy and Assessing its Impacts
The development of business strategy and assessment of impact is elaborated in phases:
- Defining business Scenarios: Defining business scenarios is a critical part of the digital transformation process. The future of business is filled with uncertainty. Hence the strategy shall be building accordance with the varying degrees of probability to help the business achieve its growth objectives in alternate ways.
- Identifying technologies to be used and target segments:Identification of technologies to be used for different targeted segment aids the business in fulfilling its commitments.
- Creating desired business model: The creation of desired business model helps create the business model best suited to the needs of the customer and market forces.
- Analyzation of business architecture and IT assessment impact: The analysis of business architecture helps map the digital transformation more efficiently as it will create scenarios that will extract efficiency in a timely manner. Further IT architecture assessment determines the business's current system and introduces IT changes to improve technology.
- Developing the Future Business model Solutions
The entire business model solution shall be based on the objective or goal of the business. The digital transformation consultant aid in developing future business model solutions and other developments such as:
- Developing prospective organisation culture
- Designing prospective organisation structure
- Designing prospective value chain and identifying the detailed process
- Identifying prospective IT architecture
- Establishing Transformation initiatives and applying solutions
The establishment of transformation initiatives and applying solutions includes:
- Developing individual transformation initiatives based on objectives.
- Prioritising the Initiatives
- Defining Key Performance Indicators
- Developing a project plan such as timeline, scope, objectives, risks etc.
- Monitoring the progress and applying corrective measures
Services offered by Enterslice
Enterslice is a technology-driven company that promptly provides digital technology services to many of its clients. We offer the following services to our clients:
Digital Strategy Review
The Digital strategy review is a key part of establishing digital transformation for any business entity. The assessment helps identify ways to apply digital technology in different parts of the organisation to provide a comprehensive view in assessing what is best for the organisation. The evaluation of the current approach of the business to systematic digitisation. The current approach of the business to systematic digitisation helps review the business hierarchy towards its goal of achieving business objectives. Assessing the current market, its products and services, and existing IT architecture or organisational structure enables the consultant to frame a well-defined digital technology roadmap that eliminates the current roadblocks and opens prospects.
Our consultancy services will make proper arrangements, assess or review a business's existing approach to digitisation, and provide comprehensive data on the expected outcomes.
Digital Strategy Alignment
Digital Strategy Alignment is a process of aligning the digital strategy with the corporate strategy to raise the return on Investment. Digital alignment exists when the business's objectives align with organisational structure, information systems and architecture. The alignment is a strategic concern as it will help improve the bottom-line performance and growth. Further, the organisational alignment helps exchange ideas between different teams that will help in bringing innovations and allows individuals to make more effective use of Technologies.
Since each department develops processes, tracks goals and manages data, achieving synchronisation is quite challenging. Our service will help the entity solve this problem and provide a more holistic approach towards the digital strategy alignment process.
Digital Integration Resource Planning
The integration of digital technology in multiple functions of business helps in using resources more efficiently. In digital integration resource planning, the resources are allocated to simultaneously digitise various business functions. The integration of digital technology provides the data of numerous business functions in one place. Integrated planning helps in strategic decision-making by providing a comprehensive view of the resources that ensures the alignment of capital and financial resources. It further provides improved data collection and a centralised dashboard for business analytics. The business may then use this data to support its initiatives, such as product development, customer service and marketing.
Our consultancy services will assist businesses in digital integration and planning their resources more efficiently in the process of digitising multiple business functions.
Digital Culture Nurturing
Most of the workforce must share a similar mindset for an organisation to thrive.Consequently, it is necessary that the workforce share a digital mindset is instrumental in forming an organisation's digital culture. While the digital mindset comprehends how the workforce thinks and processes the material information obtained from digital technologies, the digital culture includes how the collective workforce responds to this information. Henceforth, nurturing digital culture means training employees to shape a new culture and prepare them for the digital future. It involves using digital technology to innovate and collaborate with customers through digitisation techniques. To implement new tools and automated work processes, the organisation needs who are well trained to use them and therefore needs a robust digital culture.
Our consultancy services will provide the business with a structured plan which includes training the workforce relating to new integrated digital technologies.
Digital Growth Strategy
The Digital Growth Strategy involves detecting new prospective markets and preparing the organisation to enter into that markets. The digital growth strategy examines all aspects of business presence and involves making a structured plan to attain commercial growth. Since the business strategy includes exploring different markets for diversification in its product portfolios, it is necessary that digital technology must be framed in such a way that it provides a comprehensive and structured way of providing growth opportunities to the business. The determinants of the new market force the business entity to imply improved digital technology so that it can be well prepared for all the risks.
Our consultancy services will provide a structured plan to the business entity in fulfilling their business goals as a part of their digital growth strategy.
Digital Vision Statement
The Digital Vision Statement enables the business to prepare a prospective digital transformation strategy to establish a promising outlook for the organisation.The digital vision implies a business perspective towards achieving its business objectives by offering different products and services. It is the process of determining the prospective business model solutions and establishing the transformation initiatives. The prospective business objective enables an entity to frame transformation initiatives that are best suited to future growth. Henceforth, digitally converting the transformation initiatives makes them more comprehensive and well-defined, making the outcome more accurate and precise.
Since comprehending the future is a difficult task and require swell-calculatedevaluation; therefore, our consultancy services will help the business entity evaluate its future growth prospects in line with its digital transformation process.