What is Application Development?
Application development is the process of creating a computer program/programs to execute various tasks as per the business requirement. Application Development is required From calculating monthly expenses to organizing sales reports. Applications help businesses to mechanize the processes and increase efficiency. Every application development program follows the same steps:
- Assembling requirements,
- Outlining prototypes,
- Implementation, and
Application Development functions with different names but the objective is the same. Below mentioned are few of the application development programs-
Custom Application Development
Custom Application Development is used when tailor-made software is required as per the specific business requirements. Custom Application Development is the best option is to go tailor-made.
Low-code Application Development
Low-code Application Development is the application development that includes an inbuilt visual port that makes it easy to build and launch applications. Even non-programmers can easily scroll and drop snippets of code and modify them, based on business dialectics, to design mechanized workflows.
Rapid Application Development
The Rapid Application Development framework follows a progressive approach. A person can parallelly develop the individual modules of the application to allow faster delivery of the final product.
Mobile Application Development
Mobile Application Development is the development process of creating applications that can work on any mobile i.e. Android or iOS. Mobile Application development helps in tracking the inventory, making payments, and can also make instant updates from the mobile.
Database Application Development
Database Application Development is programmed in such a way that it can easily collect, organize, and manage information accurately.
Enterprise Application Development
Enterprise Application Development to serve a large-scale enterprise. It is a cloud-based application that serves the requirement of large-scale sectors globally.
What is Application Integration?
Application integration is a process to transfer data between applications. Application integration includes moving the data from one application to another in an organized way. Application integration helps in making life easier.
Application integration helps in such a way that a person can enter data once and connect it to multiple applications instead of entering it many times. Once the integration is done and a new data is entered into an application, the data will be automatically distributed throughout the connected applications which results in reducing human error and ensures consistency covering your platforms.
Key elements of Integration strategies-
- Determining ‘why’ integration is required?
- Defining what is to be built by the developer.
- Creating a roadmap to build a long-term strategy.
- An architectural layer to build a foundation and allows to deliver the integration independently.
Key factors are required before developing an application
The key factors that are required to be kept in mind, before developing an Application are-
- The application should be user-centric.
- Proper market research and identification of the target audience.
- Considering the design impact and technical features.
- Proper Budget allocation by the client.
- The application shall be visually appealing and can solve the client’s problem.
- Unique Selling Point (USP) is a required application.
- Emphasize on the core feature of the application.
- A successful determination of technical proficiency and skills of programming language
The Lifecycle of Application development and Integration
The Application development lifecycle refers to the process of planning, analyzing, developing, testing, and deploying an information system. The application development lifecycle is also termed as system engineering and software engineering. For every developer, it is very important to have a good knowledge of all the stages of the Application Development Lifecycle.
Implementing the vision into strategy
Before starting any application development program it is of utmost importance to plan the entire process. Before executing the process, it is important to make sure the project has sufficient people and financial backing. Better planning helps in implementing the vision into a strategy where the entire project team is required. The process includes-project plans, cost estimations, and market requirements.
Creating user experience
User requirements and user experience help in ensuring that the application development system will help the end-user of the system. Collecting information means from the markets related to the user requirements helps in creating the application development system. It is important to consider the users and how efficient the feature is working. At this stage, architects, application developers, and managers work together with relevant business clients.
Developing a mobile application
Developing a mobile application is a complex process and various steps are required to develop a successful mobile application-
- Identifying the issues which can be resolved through the mobile application
- Developing the mobile application keeping in mind the application users. It is very important to identify the issues and clarify the queries raised by the target users of an application.
- Proper designing of the application.
- Selecting the right approach while developing the mobile application. The approach must be in accordance with the time and budget allocation of a client.
- Preparing the application prototype, which helps in selling the idea to potential clients.
- Incorporating an appropriate analytics tool, which helps in getting an exact picture that how many people have visited the particular web.
- Proper testing and incorporating the changes as asked by the target customers.
- Deploying the application.
Securing infrastructure and application
Securing infrastructure and application describes the measures to be taken to prevent data or code within the application from being stolen or hacked. Application security includes hardware, software, and procedures that identify or reduces security at risk.
Measuring the application success and its usage
The measurement of application success and its usage can be checked by taking into consideration the below-mentioned points-
- Customer satisfaction
- Standard response time
- Rate of errors occurred.
- Application examples in number.
- Request rates.
- Usage of application and server CPU.
- Service level agreements and application availability.
Managing the application development Lifecycle
Managing the application development lifecycle is the process of managing the life of application development products from the very first stage to the end of life.
Methodologies of Application Development and Integration.
The 3 basic methodologies of Application Development and Integration System are-
Waterfall Application Development
The waterfall application development method is a method that presumes that project requirements are clear and the developer, as well as a client, have a similar and clear vision of the output. Waterfall application development is a very diligent method which can be easily used for big projects. This methodology helps in training the junior developers.
The key contents of this methodology are forecasting and arrangement. Under, the Waterfall method the entire process is prepared in the planning and analysis stage with the mutual discussion among the customer and the project manager.
Rapid Application Development
Rapid Application Development is based on a framework, where the goal is to generate a working model of the application as swiftly as possible and then to continuously repeat the same. Under Rapid application development, the team, and the customer work very closely with each other throughout the process. RDA team consists of a small team of experienced developers who are skilled in many disciplines.
This method is fast and highly flexible if the changes are expected, RAD will be able to implement the changes much faster than waterfall. RAD not only works on a prototype and is willing to change as per the need of the customer.
Agile Application Development
Agile application development is very much similar to the RAD method, with some advantages that it is more suitable for larger projects. Agile is recapitulative, like RAD, but it majorly emphasis on building features one at a time. Each feature in this methodology is built in a calculative way by the team member, however, the customer is involved to see the features.
How applications are being developed?
The application development is a complete set of process which includes knowledge transfer, designing process, development process, and deployment of the application. The entire process includes-
- Imparting training, Knowledge Transfer & Decision Making for Minimal viable products
- Development of Wireframes.
- Designing the application once approved
- Start the development part
- Use of different methodologies to get the best output.
- Working successively on dash, test, and fix changes as required.
- Proper interaction with the clients on every milestone completes.
- Complete testing and Bug fixing on the application.
- Once testing is complete, writing content for Application stores and take screenshots for deployment purposes.
- Deploying the application on the Application Store and Google Play.
What skills does an application developer require to become a good developer?
- The developer must possess a good command of programming language.
- Well versed with version control concepts and tools.
- The developer should be a good text editor.
- The developer should know how to use the Integrated Development Environment, data structures, and algorithms.
- A developer shall be comfortable in working with databases and knows how to keep the records securely.
- Must possess the basics of networking and texting.
- A developer shall be well aware of the fundamentals and working of the operating system.
- Proper knowledge of encryption and cryptography.
How Enterslice helps in Application development and Integration?
Enterslice has a team of experts that helps its client in Application designing, development, hosting, maintenance, business analysis, digital marketing, and application integration. Enterslice provides end to end solutions that will help your business grow on the digital front.
Our team of experts analyze the needs of the customer and aims to ensure that a proper layout is shared with the client by using advanced technology.
What services does it offer to its client?
Enterslice offers various services to its clients related to application development and integration-
- Proper strategy and planning
- Modifications and customization to enhance the customer experience.
- Application development and Mobile Application development.
- System Integration
- Digital marketing.