Valuable employees prefer to stay when they find a healthy environment to work and grow, get recognition and acclaim, find their career going on a thornless route, receive care and respect, and reap the rewards. Great employees believe in giving their best for the organization’s growth, generating fruitful outcomes in favour of the company, extending wholehearted support in every possible way, skipping better job opportunities as great employees are loyal employees, and prefer to stay in a company where they feel that they are a valuable resource and have high self-esteem.
If the employees realize that their company is meeting their expectations and helping them achieve their goals of life, they stay sincere and loyal to their company. Respect, recognition, value, handsome salary, and timely increment are the factors why employees prefer to stay in their company for a long time. The degree of comfort an employee experiences in a work setting matters a lot concerning their stay. All the employers and organizations need to find out the answer to the question of why employees prefer to stay instead of why they leave as it will give them a clear perspective of things.
Sometimes, employees are happy with their growth, accomplishments, recognition, and baggage of responsibility they are carrying on their shoulders. Sometimes, things that push them to leave the organization are environmental pressures such as complex rules, lack of employee-friendly facilities, family ties, financial burden, community pressure, and other reasons. If a company manage to encompass job satisfaction factor and healthy working conditions in creating their plan and successfully execute it, employees will stay and keep performing their tasks at the same efficiency. Employees prefer to stay when you treat them as your family members and make them feel that they are at home.
Given below are the Top 10 Reasons why Employees Prefer to Stay-
Pay your Employees Well
- Money isn’t the only driving force for an employee to perform exceptionally well at the workplace.
- However, it matters a lot for one and all as it is helpful in enhancing the living standard of an employee.
- Employees are the pilots of the plane, and in case if they are not paid well, the productivity will be affected, and the plane may crash.
- It’s not wrong to say that salary of an employee is somewhere connected with the progress of the company.
- Well-paid employee prefer to stay for an extended period in an organization, and employee retention should be preferred over changing employees on a frequent basis.
- Recruitment is a costly exercise, and thus, eliminating the process and focussing on the development of current employees will be a positive thing.
- When someone performs high-quality tasks, they deserve a better salary.
- By fairly rewarding employees, a company can build its reputation in the market as well.
- Increasing the salary and paying on time can increase the pain of the companies, but with each passing day, they will feel that they must focus on strengthening company culture and spreading happiness, and it’s only possible by meeting the monetary needs of the employees and making the timely payment.
- Reduced suffering of employees may lead to improvement in their performance, and you can expect better results from them.
- Establishing a profitable, high-quality business is possible by satisfying the employees in terms of payment and boosting their financial health. Pay well, gain High.
Mentoring- Key to Retain the Staff
- Organizations that embrace the concept of mentoring with open arms face no difficulty in retaining their precious employees.
- Various studies threw light on the fact that employees who are mentored under workplace mentoring exercises or programs are likely to continue with their job for longer.
- Those employees who are left to sink or strive to swim will leave the job and look for better opportunities.
- When the employees are mentored, they can be corrected if they are moving in a directionless manner, and thus, their performance can be improved.
- If proper mentoring occurs in a company, employees prefer to stay over there to find various solutions to their problems, and they can walk ahead on the path of expertise.
- When the senior employees take the lead to mentor others in the company, they are likely to hone their craft and skills more effectively.
- Through proper mentoring, employees will get a different career path to shine, and they can become the best version of themselves if trained & mentored in a sound environment.
- There is a direct link between job satisfaction and increased productivity.
- If employees working in an organization stay in a state of contentment and feel that they are being mentored well, then employees will be accelerating their efforts, and productivity will increase for sure.
- In order to ensure consistency at the workplace, employees must be provided with the proper training and effective mentoring.
Great Employees prefer to stay in a Challenging Environment
- The performance of an employee passes through a massive improvement in a challenging environment.
- Employees always strive to get a job that demands them to showcase and exhibit their utmost potential, push them beyond the comfort zone, keep them immersed in multiple activities regularly, and provide them with definitive goals instead of performing monotonous tasks.
- When employees are challenged in a company, they feel that they are working in a productive work environment, and they will be glad to be a part of such a workforce.
- Tedious as well as menial tasks become dull after a point of time and do not occupy the mind.
- On the other hand, more difficult as well as challenging tasks, demand an employee’s attention to come up with a proper solution.
- It serves them something to ponder over actively and gain insights from, rather than merely a routine to slug through.
- Active engagement of employees leads to active production.
- Employers must understand that a job is not about slaving throughout the day; it’s about upgrading, upskilling, developing new skills, overcoming challenges at the workplace, and more.
- If employees are handling challenges single-handedly, they will be developing their capabilities on an individual level.
- By offering challenges in front of the employees in the journey, companies can display that they are concerned about the personal growth of employees.
- Challenged employees are more involved and committed as they feel that the seniors in the company are sure of their abilities, and they put more effort to bring conviction in their tasks.
Promoted to Finish More Big-picture Tasks
- As per one of the studies, around a quarter of employees change and leave the organization when they don’t receive any promotion or reward in any form.
- Promoting employees for their outstanding performance and contribution to the progress of the company will be the value in return for their efforts.
- Another term that can be used in place of promotion is career advancement. When an employee gets importance and his efforts are valued, he tends to push himself and maximize his efforts and endeavours to bring improvement in his performance graph, which eventually work in favour of the business.
- When an employee is promoted, he starts working more passionately and move towards reaching the goals and accomplishing the objectives of his life. He also starts understanding his responsibility towards the upliftment of the organization.
- Promotion can be a motivational force in the lives of employees, and they get a feeling that they have achieved something, and thus, their value in the company has increased.
- When the management recognizes the talented people in the organization and timely promotion is exercised, the deserving, as well as skilled employees who have attained expertise in their respective fields, may not be forced to switch to a new organization by leaving the workplace.
- The entire promotional structure will be improving the retention of the talented as well as skilled employees and therefore turn out to be advantageous for the workplace even further.
- By increasing the value of top-level workers and employees and retaining them, the organization can prevent the requirement for bringing new talent with similar capabilities on board and then giving them a finishing touch so that they can evolve as a better player for the team, thus preserving money and time.
Employees prefer to stay when they are Involved
- Employee involvement is concerned with the participation of employees in important management meetings taking place in the organization.
- It’s a technique through which employees can be aligned with the principles and values of the organization.
- When employees are involved, they go ahead with making calculated decisions for the business, plan their work in a more organized way and cultivate more power and enthusiasm for performing their tasks at the workplace.
- It enhances the level of productivity as well as the growth of the company.
- When employees are involved in their work, they stay motivated and develop a different level of confidence within themselves.
- An employee with a higher level of confidence and better motivation level will be more engrossed, glad, and enjoy doing their work as well.
- Involvement is a medium that offers the opportunity to share their wide range of knowledge.
- Employees prefer to stay when they feel that they are an integral element of the organization and when they are more involved in their work.
- Employee involvement opens the window for innovative thinking.
- By thinking in a creative and innovative way, employees can tackle different types of problems in an effortless manner.
- When you involve employees in management affairs, you may give them the liberty to present their ideas, and maybe they come up with something that even people sitting in the management room fail to grab at the right time.
- Inviting everyone’s perspective is a great way to find different paths to make your organization grow.
- Involving employees in the decision-making part will yield great outcomes and a wide range of solutions to the company.
Appreciation at the Workplace is a Blissful Feeling
Most of the employees quit their jobs just because they feel that their work is not getting appreciated by the superiors and bosses at the workplace. When an organization deals with its employees as a human, employees are likely to get a sense of appreciation. A study by Timesjobs suggests that around 90% of Indian employees stick around for a long time in case if they feel appreciated at the workplace. Also, the study reveals that about 82% of employees will be working hard after receiving appreciation from their bosses. Companies must appreciate, recognize the potential of the employees and reward them as well. It is viewed as a highly effective and tried and tested strategy for enhancing employee engagement as well as escalating business output.
Recognizing employees for their dedication and efforts exhibits that you’re not just concerned about the betterment of the company, but also you’re taking steps with respect to building strong workplace relationships that will hold valuable employees around longer. When employees feel appreciated, their morale is likely to be high, and they will maximize their efforts to earn more appreciation. It’s a game of mutual benefit that will turn advantageous to the company as well as employees.
Employers should make their employees realize that they are the company’s backbone, appreciate them for every small effort they make, and give them hope that they can climb the corporate ladder by being consistent and sincere. Instant feedback for their tasks and words like thank you may go well with the employees. Appreciate your employees and boost their happiness and confidence level so that they can bring something more to the table for the progress of the company.
Valued Employees are highly productive
- Employees prefer to stay in a company when they are valued.
- Imagine working in an organization where your efforts went on unnoticed, your work isn’t appreciated, and you could be easily replaced.
- You won’t stay in such a company for very long, will you?
- One of your most essential duties is making your employees feel immensely valued, letting them know their true worth and also that without them, your company won’t be able to stay the same.
- Employees prefer to stay when you make them feel that they are the driving person behind the progress of the company.
- Let your employees understand that they’re making a considerable impact on clients as well as co-workers—and they’ll be reminded from time to time that how important as well as valuable their work is.
- While assigning them a task, utter these words, “I have full faith in your capabilities, and I know that you will deliver great work.”
- Such words of encouragement will increase their self-worth and make them feel valued at the same time.
- Individual recognition to your employees for their extraordinary performance and tremendous accomplishments will spell it out, loud as well as straightforward: They are bound to make a difference to you as well as for your organization.
Employees prefer to stay when they Work on a Mission
- Employees prefer to stay in a working environment where they are set to work on a mission.
- In the prevailing scenario, most of the organizations list a mission statement, but only a few of them function as well as live by it as a unit.
- Your mission defines your purpose and gives a clear understanding of your role in the organization.
- If you keep working in the direction of improving the productivity as well as the performance of the organization without matching pace with your vision and mission, your mission is expected to remain underutilized.
- In case you promote your mission to your valuable employees, it may lead to an enhanced level of employee engagement as well as healthy work culture, keeping them invested in the high-grade work your organization performed when they go about their routine tasks.
- Mission-driven employees will be more efficient when it comes to performing their tasks, and they will evolve as high-performers for the organization.
- A mission-driven organization steers itself toward victory and a better future for all.
Employee Empowerment should be a Top Priority
- Employees prefer to stay when they are empowered and are inclined to be a long-term resource for the organization.
- By empowering the employees, an organization can develop their skill set and lend them a sense of responsibility as well.
- A research report suggests that when employees feel empowered in the working space, it’s linked with job satisfaction, consistent performance, and commitment to the company.
- When companies empower their precious employees to step up, let them make their own decisions, create a roadmap to success, they can form a sound and healthy working environment to perform their tasks.
- When employees get the resources and tools required to manage or handle their tasks, they feel empowered, and the benefits generated by them will be endless.
- Empowered employees to develop a “can do” attitude within themselves and always ready to go the extra mile for the company.
- Give liberty to employees by giving them the right to handle a new project.
- Delegating tasks to employees with a sense of faith in them will get the job done with perfection.
Make them Feel Trusted at Work
- Employees prefer to stay in a work setting when they realize that management has their back.
- The more employees are trusted by their superiors and bosses at the workplace, the satisfied and happier they are, and they won’t wander to get a new job.
- Trusted employees stay in the seventh heaven, and therefore, they generate exceptional outcomes for the organization.
- Building trust in the workplace is for both employers as well as employees.
- Employees should work in such a manner that relying on them won’t be a matter of concern for the employers.
- Furthermore, trust must exist between peers.
- Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, most companies have allowed their employees to work from home, and employers have realized the value of building trust.
- Trust improves engagement, productivity, as well as efficiency.
Retaining top talent in a directionless and unorganized company is similar to leaving your flowerbed without sunlight and water. Working environment and job satisfaction are some of the core factors that make employees prefer to stay in a company. Treat your employees like your family members, make them feel valued, appreciate them when they do something exceptional, empower them with necessary resources, make them familiar with your mission, train and mentor them in a flourishing environment, and you will see that your employee will stay with you longer.
At Enterslice, we are creating a work environment where employees feel as if they are working from their homes, and we help them gain good growth in their respective fields. By addressing employees’ grievances, we come up with desired solutions for them. We think that together, we can make our mark in the industry and with a vision of mutual development, we can go ahead.