Process of Filing of Appeal Before NCLT
If you are planning to File an appeal before NCLT, then make sure that you are following the correct procedure as prescribed by Companies act 2013. In this article, we will discuss the process for filing of appeal before NCLT.
What needs to know about the process of filling an appeal before NCLT?
- MCA has issued 3 notifications dated 01 June 2016 for setting up of National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) and National Company Law Appellate Tribunal (NCLAT) as well as notifying various sections of the Companies Act 2013.
- Now, in continuation of Constitution of NCLT and NCLAT, MCA has again come up with notifications notifying NCLT Rules and NCLAT Rules on 21st July 2016 providing inter alia process and method for filing petition, application or appeal. Following are the requisite points for consideration for filing a petition, appeal or application before NCLT as per NCLT Rules:
- The document to be filed before NCLT shall be in English and if in any other language, it shall be accompanied by a copy of Translation in English.
- It will be typewritten, printed in double space, on one side of a legal paper, with margins: Top 4 c.m.Right-2.5 c.m. and left-5c.m.
- It shall be duly paginated, indexed and stitched together in paper book form.
- Every petition, application, appeal or document shall be filed in Triplicate.
- Each document filed will be accompanied by an index in triplicate containing their details and the amount of fee paid thereon.
- Copy of petition, application or appeal shall also be filed with the opposite party.
- Certified True Copy of Resolution for authorization to sign, verify and institute on behalf of the company shall also be enclosed.
- Every petition, application or appeal shall be filed in Form No. NCLT.1 along with the attachment of Notice of admission in Form NCLT-2. 9. Title Heading for Proceeding shall be in Form No. NCLT.4.
- Every petition or application shall be verified by an Affidavit in Form No. NCLT.6.
- Notice of Motion shall be filed in Form No. NCLT.3.
- Notice to the opposite Party shall be issued in Form No. NCLT.5
- All the Petition or application is required to be advertised which will be advertised in Form No. NCLT-3A in vernacular language and in English Newspaper. Advertisement if published shall also be placed on the website of the company if any.
- Every Individual requires appearing either in person or through authorized Representative, who shall make an appearance through filing Vakalatnama or Memorandum of Appearance in Form No. NCLT.12 representing the respective parties.
- No intern employed by Authorised Representative shall appear, access to the records or obtain copies of the order unless his name is entered in Register of intern maintained by a bench. An application shall be made by Authorised Representative in Form NCLT.10 for registering the intern.
- Special Procedure has also been specified in Rule 66 to Rule 88 specifying the additional requirement for the applicant to be followed while filing an application under various provisions of Companies Act, 2013. Some of the additional requirements which include accompanying documents as mentioned in Annexure-B (which includes a copy of Memorandum and Articles, copy of balance sheet, Resolution, Bank Draft for filing fees etc.), a content of an application, Advertisement of application etc.
- An application for rectification of Final order shall be filed within 2 years in Form No. NCLT.9.
- The certified copy of the order of NCLT shall be filed with ROC in Form NO. INC-28 along with the fees of ₹ 500/- within 30 days.