What is a Trademark Registration in India?
Trademark is a seal of protection that protects the identity or uniqueness of the name for products or services that differentiate company’s brand name from others it may be a logo, graphics, photograph, word, sound or even smell. A company after registration should get its brand registration or Trademark registration as early as possible. There are 45 Trademark classes under which you will register your trademark.
Enterslice works as Trademark registration or Brand registration consultant and guides you about the class of the Trademark or under which category your trademark will fall. From Filing of TM application, TM Objection, Defending TM Opposition to TM Renewal, we offer Trademark consulting services all over India.
How do I apply for a Trademark Registration in India?
A Logo or Brand Name differentiate your business from other and also gives you the right to file a suit against any infringement. Therefore, if you are a Startup company then you need to run to secure your brand or logo firstly by filing an online application for trademark registration or brand registration or logo registration. Incorporating a company will not give you the full ownership over the product or services you sell. Brand registration or Trademark registration on a first note is much more important than registering a Pvt Ltd company.
TM Registration or Trademark Registration application can be filed through a government approved trademark registration consultant. The controller general of patents design and trademarks is the regulator for Trademark Registration & compliance. Trademark Act 1999 deals with TM Registration, Assignment, Objection, Opposition etc. After Trademark Approval, the trademark owner has right to sue for any loss of revenue or reputation when infringements of trademark occur.
If you are willing to get Brand registration just provide us few documents and we will file your Trademark Registration Application. Before you hire a trademark consultant, the 1st step is to conduct the trademark search, and find out whether the proposed Brand name can be registered or not, if your brand name matches with existing brands, think for another brand name. You can quickly get your initial trademark registration online or logo registration filed through Enterslice within 3-4 working days and Final Approval in 6 to 18 Months.
What is the Process of Trademark Registration in India?
The procedure for registering a brand name or trademark is completely online. You can go for the Trademark registration online anytime from anywhere.
Hence the procedure for registering a trademark is as follows-
- File Trademark form – Our Team will share a Trademark registration form and you simply need to provide the basic details about your business.
- Trademark Search - We will check the proposed business name or brand name to be registered and if the proposed name is available for the activity you are looking for. We will then send you an authorization letter in our favor.
- Finalization of Trademark Class – Our team will share a report about the trademark class in which your business activity can be protected. Sometime you may be required to register in more than one class.
- Logo in JPG - We will ask you to share a jpg format for Logo registration or brand registration or trademark registration. Trademarks can be registered for a particular sector. You can also register one brand name for multiple business activities.
- Trademark Application Filing – Our team will submit online TM Application and will share an acknowledgment.
- Regular Status about the TM Application – As a brand owner you have to check on IP India website from time to time and in case you notice formalities check failed, objected or opposed. Please connect with our team and we will connect you to an in-house lawyer. The liaison cost and government fees will be charged extra.
- Final disposal of TM application Registrar of trademarks will take up to 18 months to validate the applied brand name and check whether the trademark is inconsistent or should not similar with any other existing registered trademarks in the same class. And if you have applied for the similar brand name or with the more similar logo of registered trademarks then the registrar of the trademark may raise an objection.
The registrar may also object if they notice that the logo is obscene or hurt any religious sentiments or believes that it is likely to cause confusion in the customer then he may reject the trademark application. If it has no objection then the Registrar of trademark makes an advertisement in the Trade Mark Journal for inviting objection from the public at large. If in case any objection is raised by any other business, then the applicant will be asked to file a counter response within 2 months from the date of objection.