What is the Process of NGO Registration
NGO registration can do in a two ways either as a private trust or a public charitable trust. The Indian Trusts Act recognizes private trusts. For NGO registration, Private trust can be registered for managing private assets of an organization like a school, college or institution.
Private trusts are not allowed for tax benefits by the income tax department. If you are willing to do some charitable work for the public, you can register a public charitable trust. India does not have a national level law to govern charitable trusts.
What are the types of NGO Registration?
NGO registration can be done under the three below mentioned acts:
- Indian Trust Act, 1882
- Indian Societies Act, 1862
- Indian Companies Act, 2013
If we specifically talk about NGO registration, then it is done for the public welfare.
In India, for trust registration process, there are some states who have their own regulations regarding whereas, in case of other states, NGO registration is done according to Indian NGO Act, 1882.
Trust registration processis governed by the registrar of trust.
- Drafting of Trust deed
- Preparation of the NGO registration document
- Preparation of member list
- Due diligence of document
- Coordination with registrar
- Follow-up with registrar
- Registration of Trust deed
Note: - Govt. Fees and Taxes Extra
What are the advantages of a NGO Registration under trust act?
- A registered Trust Deed becomes an official shape of an NGO which carries support and recognition of law.
- A conveyance of trust property to the trustee under a registered deed is ordinarily not open to challenge.
- In the case of a charitable or religious trust, For Availing benefits under Section 11 of the Income Tax in the case of immovable property registration, it is essential that the instrument of trust is duly registered.
- If you have NGO registration in Delhithen you can open several branches in all over India.
Trust Registration Process under the following
- Trust Registration under state Act.
- Trust Registration under Income Tax Act.
What will be the Trust Registration process in NCT of Delhi?
- Founder/Settler have to come to Delhi for presentation in the registrar office.
- Fulfilling mandatory position like the President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, etc.
- For national level trust registration, it is mandatory that the concerned person should have a copy utility bill of Delhi.
- Aadhar card is necessary for trust registration process in Delhi.
- Minimum two witnesses of Delhi are essential who should have Aadhar card.
- Two photographs of each of the members are the required documents.