Procedure for Chicken/Mutton Shop License in Delhi and UP
In this article, we will describe the procedure for Chicken/Mutton Shop License in Delhi and Uttar Pradesh.
What is the Procedure for Chicken/Mutton Shop License in Delhi?
- Meat Shops are structured by the Delhi Municipal Corporation Act 1957 and Prevention of Food Adulteration Act 1954 whereas the judgments are fixed by Delhi Shops and Establishments Act.
- Trade license is required and is governed by the Municipal Corporation of Delhi. As per section 417, No person shall use or permit to be used any premises for any of the purposes listed in the schedule without a license or otherwise than in conformity with the terms of a license granted by the Commissioner. If your annual turnover is less than 12 lac then apart of MCD Registration you need to obtain FSSAI Registration from FSSAI department.
- Section 420 says that No person shall, without or otherwise than in conformity with the terms of a license granted by the Commissioner can hawk or expose for sale in any place any article whatsoever whether it is for human consumption or not.
- As per Delhi Municipal Corporation Act 1957, Municipal markets and slaughterhouses shall be under the control of the commissioner and the commissioners have the power to produce the order of closure by public notice.
As per the information provided by the Municipal Corporation of Delhi, meat shops need a trade license. The procedure is as follows:
FSSAI License Procedure:
- Submission for a trade license can be completed either at a Citizen’s service Bureaus (CSB) or through the internet.
- In the case of the submission through the internet, the applicant can submit the necessary documents at any of the CSB’s after marking the document with the unique acknowledgment number allotted to his application on the internet.
- Forgetting a new Trade License from the nearest CSB. You need to Submit an application form at the CSB which is available at the CSB for Rs.25/-. You can also download a form available on our website and use it for this purpose.
- After submitting the application with the necessary documents, the operator will feed in your details to the computer. You will have to pay processing fees, subsequently, a G8 receipt shall be given to you. This G8 receipt will contain the unique “Registration number” which you must remember and quote for further processing. Subsequent to this a License Inspector will visit your site for inspection.
- Once the inspection and approval are complete you will receive an Email or letter notifying you of the same. You should now approach the CSB again and quote the “Registration number “given to you.
- The operator will search for your details in the database using this number. If your particulars are current, the operator will design the Capability. Trade License for you and cut a G8 receipt.
- Pay the license fees and processing charges to the operator. Then the MCD officials will sign the Trade license.
Documents Required for Chicken / Mutton Shop License in Delhi
- Copy of sanction plan/ completion certificate/structure safety certificate from the registered architect.
- Site Plan
- Key Plan
- Water connection and sewer connection
- Indemnity Bond for Rs.100/-
- Affidavit for Rs.10/-
- Copy of partnership deed if any
Details of Chicken/Mutton Shop License in Uttar Pradesh are as Follows:
As per the RTI reply, Meat shop is a place where the meat of animals (with horns) is made available as food products for men and animals. A slaughterhouse is a place where animals are killed and cut and provide supplies to the meat shops in the city. License for meat shops is given under municipal corporation act 1959. Slaughterhouses are often run by Municipal Corporation.
Section 426 said, individual, has no rights without licensee from the Mukhya Nagar Adhikari, sell or representation any animal or any article in any Mahapalika Market and any Person breaking this unit may be summarily indifferent by any Mahapalika officer or retainer.
Chief minister Yogi Adityanath imposed a ban on all illegal slaughterhouses after assuming office on March 19, fulfilling a promise in the Bharatiya Janata Party’s manifesto for the UP assembly elections.
“The court’s order is not against the state government. It is also a clear direction for the state government to regulate meat trade,” “Illegal slaughterhouses and meat shops will no longer be able to operate as they used to do earlier.”
Procedure for Mutton Shop & Chicken Shop Licensing in Uttar Pradesh
The applicant should apply in the prescribed form for the shop and for the slaughterhouse. He has to go to auction done by Nagar Nigam and applicants should fulfill the conditions of license for slaughterhouse provided by the Corporation Act.
As per the Act, the licensee is supposed to produce the necessary documents required by the Nagar Palika Officers as mentioned in the RTI reply. For new slaughterhouse, no objection certificates have to be obtained from various departments-municipal corporation or municipality, Inspector general (factories), trade license, health license, airport department, electricity department.
As per the act, the fees for licenses are prescribed by the Nagar Nigam Officers. The fees prescribed by the Nagar Nigam Officers have to be paid in the Treasury.