Annual compliance for a Public Limited Company
The good benefits of a Public limited limited company such limited liability protection, raise fund from public in form of equity or debt, continuous existence I.e.
Annual General Meeting of a newly incorporated company should be held within 18 months from the date of registration or 9 months from the date of closing of the financial year, whichever is earlier.
2nd year onwards Annual General Meeting should be held within 6 months from the end of that fiscal year and from second-year Annual returns of the company must be filed latest by 30th September every year.
Annual return consists following:
- Audited Balance Sheet of the Company.
- Audited Profit & Loss Account.
- Compliance Certificate from a CS.
- Confirmation about the situation of Registered Office Address.
- Register of Member.
- Shares and Debentures details.
- Debt details.
- Information about the Management of the Company.
- Current and details of change in shareholding structure of the Company.
- Detail about the changes in Directorship.
- Details of transfers of securities/ Share in a financial year.
- Maintenance of Registers.
|1||Disclosure of directors interest in any other entities||Every year||By 30-09|
|2||Every Director of the will file a disclosure of non-disqualification.||Every year||By 30-09|
|3||Mandatory Annual return with ROC||Every year||With 60 days from the Date of AGM|
|4||Financial Statement( PL, balance sheet, and all schedules )||Every year||With 60 days from the Date of AGM|
|5||Directors Report||Every year||Before AGM|
|6||Circulation of Financial Statement||Every year||Before AGM|
|7||Adoption of Financials and Director Report:||Every year||Before AGM|
|8||Certification of Annual Return by a CS||Every year||Before AGM|
|10||Appointment of Auditor||Every year||On AGM|
|11||Maintenance of Registers||Every day||Daily|