Marriage Registration Procedure in Delhi
Any marriage which has been solemnized can be registered either under Hindu Marriage Act 1955 or Special Marriage Act 1954. Where both husband and wife are Hindu, Buddhist, Jain or Sikh or if they have converted into this religion can register their marriage under Hindu Marriage Act. And if both husband and wife are other than Hindu, Buddhist, Jain or Sikh then they can register their marriage under Special Marriage Act.
Where is the Marriage Registration done?
The marriage can be registered under the office of Sub-Divisional Magistrate under whose jurisdiction husband-wife resides.
The timing of Registration:
Marriage can be registered between 9:30 am to 1:30 pm on any working day.
What are the Documents Required for Registering the Marriage?
- Application form duly signed by husband and wife.
- Documents required for age proof (Passport/ Birth Certificate/ 10th Mark sheet).
- If the Marriage is to be registered under Special Marriage Act then documentary evidence regarding stay in Delhi for more than 30 days.
- The affidavit from the parties regarding the date and place of marriage and nationality of the parties during their marriage.
- Two passport size photograph of both the parties and one marriage photograph.
- Marriage Invitation Card if available.
- ₹ 100 in case of Hindu Marriage Act and ₹ 150 in case of Special Marriage Act to be deposited with the cashier of District.
Note: All the documents should be attested by Gazetted Officer.
- Groom must be 21 years or above.
- A bride must be 18 years or above.
- Two witnesses required.
What is the procedure for applying for Marriage Registration?
- You can file an online application through the website of delhigovt.nic.in.
- Click on “make appoint with DM” and
- Choose your District.
- Fill up your partner detail and select “Registration of Marriage Certificate”.
- Fill the details in the certificate and select the Date of Appointment and submit the application.
- After the submission of the application, you will receive an acknowledgment number with the details of the appointment.