Procedure for Liquor License in India
One of the major profits making business for a restaurant is selling liquor. It can increase the profit margin of the restaurant because Liquor and beer have low labor cost and high-profit margins. Selling alcohol also has some responsibilities for the person selling the same. The state government has framed various rules and regulations for the same. The laws for liquor varies from state to state and from city to city. This article describes the complete Procedure for Liquor License in India.
Some of the laws such as:
- When liquor can be served
- Where liquor can be served
- What containers liquor can be served in
- To whom liquor can be served
- What will be the cost of liquor
What are the Types of Liquor License?
- Beer and Wine Liquor License
- Restaurant Liquor License
- Tavern Liquor License
- Brewpub Liquor License for those who make their own beer and wine
What is the Procedure for Liquor License in India?
- Before starting a restaurant you need to apply for a Liquor License as it is a long time process so planning must be done well in advance before starting a Liquor Restaurant.
- The Fees for the same will vary from state to state as the laws are different in each and every license.
- The application must be submitted to the concerned state authority along with the application fee.
- The documents such as Identity and Resident Proof of the applicant, address proof of premises, etc.
- Description of the type of license you are applying must be clearly mentioned i.e. whether you sell alcohol for consumption on premises, type of alcohol you are planning to sell, etc.
- Background of the applicant must also be mentioned such as age, business experience, a clean personal record, etc.
- Once the application is submitted with all the required details the authority will verify the information and call for any other additional details if required.
- On submission of the application, a notice will be posted at the proposed location of your business which includes your name, type of license, etc.
- The notice will be publicly displayed for a prescribed period of time and during that time if any community has any objection than it will be communicated to the concerned department.
- If there are no objections to your application, the authority will proceed further in reviewing the application.
What are the Documents Required for Registration?
- Identity proof and Address Proof of applicant
- Premises Address Proof
- NOC from the fire department
- NOC from the municipal corporation
- Application with business details
- List of Directors in case of a company
- MOA and AOA if the applicant is a company
- Copy of Latest IT return
- Photograph of an authorized person
- Affidavit of the authorized person stating that he has no criminal record or any offense punishable under the respective state act and also he is not a defaulter in paying any dues to the department.
To know more information liquor license visit us at Enterslice.