Government Customs Broker License in India
Every year the Directorate General of Performance Management, Customs, Central Excise & Service Tax and Service Tax conducts an exam for issuing the license to act as a customs broker. Those candidates who successfully pass this examination are granted customs broker license.
What will be the Eligibility Criteria for Customs Broker?
The following person shall only be eligible to apply for the license of customs broker:
- He should be a citizen of India.
- Should have a graduation degree from any recognized university or should have a professional degree or master’s degree.
- Should have minimum 2 years of experience in transacting custom broker work.
- In case the applicant is the company than in that case the director or the authorized representative should fulfill this criterion.
- The applicant should be of sound mind.
- The applicant should have a minimum asset value of ₹ 5 lakhs and for that, a Scheduled Bank shall issue a certified copy.
- The applicant should not be involved in any dispute that shows that he is unable to pay his debts.
- No criminal proceeding should be pending against the applicant.
- The applicant should have cleared the oral and written exam.
Customs Broker License
After the applicant has passed the exam the Commissioner of Custom shall grant a license in Form B. The applicant is required to pay application fees for ₹ 5000.
After the grant of a license, the applicant is required to intimate the Commissioner where the business is to be transacted in Form C.
Before the grant of the license, the applicant has to enter into a bond which is provided in Form D.
What are the Documents Required for Application Submission?
- KYC/ Proof of citizenship (Aadhar Card, Passport, Voter ID Card).
- Educational Qualification Certification from a recognized university.
- Supporting documents for financial viability.
Note: All the documents should be self-attested.
For more information about customs license visit Enterslice or mail us at email@example.com or call us on +91-9716578756.