About FCRA Registration
An NGO can receive donations just after initial registration under trust act. Section 8 of Companies Act 2013. The next milestone is to avail registration for tax exemption on the income of an NGO; it is required to obtain approval from Income tax department under section 12 A, further to attract donor, NGO prefers to get a 80 G Certificate so that contributors can avail tax benefits on the donation made to the NGO.
FCRA registration is required to receive donations outside India; The NGO is required to be registered under the provisions of the foreign contribution regulation act, 1976.
For FCNRO registration an NGO must have completed three years of operations. FCRA Registration is granted by the Ministry of Home Affairs, Govt. Of India.
Documents required for FCRA Registration
- Copy of PAN of the NGO.
- Past 3 years Audited Balance Sheet, Income & Expenditure Account.
- Certified copy of Trust Deed/MOA.
- Detail about the current and past management of the trust.
- A Copy of certificate issued by the Income Tax Authority under 80G & 12A of the Income Tax Act.
- Annual report of the NGO and details of work done in past 3 year.
- True copy of resolution passed by the Governing Body of the NGO.
- True copy of Undertaking from the Chief Functionary of the NGO.