NGO Registration: How to Register a NGO
A Trust can register as a private trust or a public charitable trust. The Indian Trusts Act recognizes private trusts. Private trust can be registered for managing private assets of an organization like a school, college or institution.
Private trusts are not allowed for tax benefits by the income tax department. If you are willing to to do some charitable work for public, you can register a public charitable trust. India does not have a national level law to govern charitable trusts.
- Drafting of Trust deed
- Preparing of registration document
- Preparation of member list
- Due diligence of document
- Coordination with registrar
- Follow-up with registrar
- Registration of Trust deed
Note: - Govt. Fees and Taxes Extra
A Registered NGO under trust act. has the following advantages
- A registered Trust Deed becomes an official shape of an NGO which carries support and recognition of law.
- A conveyance of trust property to the trustee under a registered deed is ordinarily not open to challenge.
- In the case of a charitable or religious trust, For Availing benefits under Section 11 of the Income Tax in the case of immovable property registration, it is essential that the instrument of trust is duly registered.
- A trust registered in Delhi can open several branches in all over India.
Registration of a Trust
Registration of a Trust is required
- Registration under state Act.
- Registration under Income Tax Act.
Registration Process in NCT of Delhi:
- Founder/Settler have to come to Delhi for presentation in the registrar office.
- Fulfilling mandatory position like the President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, etc.
- For national level trust registration, it is mandatory that the concerned person should have a copy utility bill of Delhi.
- Aadhar card is necessary for trust formation in Delhi.
- Minimum two witnesses of Delhi are essential who should have Aadhar card.
- Two photographs of each of the members are the required documents.
From All Memmbers.
- PAN Card
- Latest Bank Statement/Telephone or Mobile Bill
- Voter's ID/Passport/Driver's License
- Passport-sized photograph of all directors and shareholder
For Proposed Registered office (Residential or commercial)
- Any Utility bills
- Scan copy of Rent agreement with NOC from owner