What are IEC Code and its Registration?
IEC stands for the Import Export Code, is a unique 10 digit number issued by Director General of Foreign Trade (DGFT), part of the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, to any person or company for carrying on Import and Export business in India.
IEC Registration is mandatory to carry on export/import business in India. And is registered with the Director General of Foreign India (DGFT), Ministry of Commerce and Industries.
Procedure for IEC Registration
- Application for IEC Registration is given by a prescribed entity (Registered office/Head office of the applicant) to the nearest Regional Authority of Director General of Foreign Trade (DGFT).
- Application should be accompanied with "Form ANF 2A" along with prescribed attachments.
- Regional Authority will grant an IEC registration number within 2-3 working days.
Documents required while registration
- Personal PAN Card of applicant.
- Passport size photographs.
- Residential Address.
- Details of directors/partners.
- Bank Certificate bearing applicant entity name/cancelled cheque.
- PAN (only in case of Private limited/limited companies).
- Digital Signatures of applicants.