Change in Registered Office
Registered office of a company is an address which is displayed next to company name for the general public, shareholders and customers point of view and is a principal place for the business activities of any business. Place of the registered office of the company is to be decided by the promoters of that company. Also, registered place of a business need not be the commercial establishment; it can be a living home as well.
- Roc fees of shifting of registered office with a state.
- End to end follow-ups with ROC.
Why is it necessary to have registered place of a company?
There are many reasons to have a registered place of business for some of them are:
- For receiving documents, official letters and reminders by Ministry of Corporate Affairs and other authorities.
- For going on the business activities.
- For maintenance of Books of Accounts.
- For determining the domicile of a company.
The Mode of Change in a registered place of a company
There are circumstances which creates the need to change the registered place of a company, which can be done by various modes, as follows:
- Change in registered office from one place to another in same city, town or village.
- Change in registered office to a place outside the local limits of existing place but within the jurisdiction of the same registrar within the same state.
- Change in registered office to a place from one jurisdiction of registrar to another registrar in the same state.
- Change in registered place from one state to another.
There are separate procedures followed to change the registered place of a company in all modes to change the registered place of company. Prescribed forms need to file with Registrar of Companies (ROC) as per the need arise.